Guys, when your ex still has your sweatshirt...

Sweatshirt/jacket/something you got them and you see them still wearing it, do you think they still like you? What do you think? And guys who wouldn't get their things back from the girl, why is that? (I'm trying to get across that I still like my ex. I still hang out with him and wear his sweatshirt still, and I see he still uses the mp3 I got him for Christmas.)

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly? The mp3 is nothing. A guy won't use that because he cares about who gave it to him. He'll use it because he wants to use it.

And when it comes to wearing sweatshirts... again, guys don't notice.

You know the stereotype... guy comes home, wife wants him to notice her hair, new shoes, ear-rings, whatever it is... and he has no clue, even with prompting from her?

It's a true stereotype. Guys really and truly do not notice those things. And often don't care when they do notice.

The idea that the clothes you wear would be conveying some sort of hidden message about your emotions for him...is such an unusual, weird, strange, foreign idea ... it literally could never occur to him.

What Guys Said 3

• Do I think? It's a speculative question hon. It's really hard to do at your age, but you should just straight-up tell him what your feelings are. Many young people don't express themselves straight-forwardly because they're afraid of being rejected. Don't have this fear! If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If it isn't, there's a better fish in the sea. Ask him vaguely if you're having confidence issues. Don't be surprised if he'd rather be friends, especially if you dumped him.

• He broke up with me because he felt he rushed into our relationship and just wanted to spend some time being friends for now. I feel like I need to act though, because there's a girl from a different country who is constantly flirting with him on Facebook and although he reassured me saying he thinks of her as a sister, she clearly has more in her head. When we broke up I told him I still liked him (despite my shyness) and he said he liked me too but he wants to remain friends for now.

• for me personally I wear my ex's stuff still just becuase I don't really care.. the only thing that might suggest they still like you is if it has any type of reference back to you.. like your last name on the sweatshirt otherwise we just wear stuff without thinking about it..

• I mean that pretty much is the only reason for it. Damn I miss my jacket! :c

• Wait, reason for what? sorry, your answer confused me.

• Well an Mp3 may be different because you store music in it but possible.

• Well I got it for him, he never had one before, and he showed me yesterday the headphones that came with it were breaking already but he still uses it.

What Girls Said 2

• If it's just a sweatshirt/jacket he bought for you - I'd guess he probably doesn't read too much into that. He might take more notice or read a little more into it if it was HIS personal sweatshirt/jacket you were still wearing. As for the MP3, I don't think that means anything other than him just wanting to listen to some music. Not to say he doesn't still like you - maybe give him a little space and try talking to him down the road.

• it's his personal sweatshirt.

• He probably juse uses the mp3 because he wants to listen to music.. What's the point in going out and buying another one if he's got one right there?

I mean, I still wear the necklace my ex brought me for my birthday last year. It doesn't mean anything.. I just like the necklace..

• Yeah I guess so.

And as well as me liking the sweatshirt, he even asks me about it, asking me if I still like it and if it keeps me warm and stuff. And he's one of those guys who doesn't ask that sort of stuff if he doesn't care at all.