What to wear when meeting my boyfriend's parents?

well I'm going to my boyfriends house to hang out and I have no idea what to wear!?! p.s. its winter and like 40-50 degrees F where I live. is it OK to wear skinny jeans? because that's like all I own lol I'm 5 foot tall and skinny/average weight By the way. thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever your comfortable with..

yeah you can differently wear skinny jeans and some cute top..

but like seriously wear whatever your comfortable with, just be your self around them because that's how their son picked ..

What Guys Said 9

• Not skinny jeans. You should dress in a casual and respectable and respectful way. Like all parents, they are from a different generation and it ain't the skinny jean generation.

Nice blouse and pants or skirt. Nothing revealing. Flats or short heels. Natural makeup. Modest amount of jewelry -- earings and bracelet.

• What I would like from my girlfriend to wear when meeting my parents? I would like her to put on something casual, something that she feels confortable in. Sth that she would like to, nothing special or drastic. So I guess everyhing that doesn't point you don't think would be fine(by that I mean you dress some light jacket, ultra thin jeans and it's bloody winter outside).

• haha yeah that would be dumb even if it is unseasonably warm

• Skinny jeans should be okay. Don't wear anything revealing.

• definitely don't show skin, like wear a casual light sweater or something.

Skinny jeans should be fine. just don't wear a skirt or anything lol

• Ninja outfit.

• I say "Who the f*** cares"?

What diffrence does it make? I couldn't care less what my parents thought of my girlfriend, dress like you always do, don't try to impress them.

• well I don't want them to hate me... expecially since he doesn't get his liscense till a couple months

• Whatever you want, just nothing trashy or slutty.

• You needa wear a shirt, and some pants. Stuff like that

• Wear something decent and at least fairly modest. Many mom's are incredibly critical of girls their sons bring home.

• ok well I never really dress immodestly unless its like over 100 degrees in the summer which doesn't happen often so good!

What Girls Said 12

• I don't see anything wrong with skinny jeans as long as they aren't too tight. Can you squat and touch the ground without your pants sliding down over your but crack or hurting your crotch and/or but? If not, then you need a bigger size. You can make skinny jeans appropriate by wearing a shirt with more coverage (preferably not too tight). If your pants crease around the crotch (camel toe), then wear a longer shirt. Be a little dressier than you would otherwise be, but unless it's a formal gathering don't wear anything TOO fancy. They want to see you, not some fake girl. Just be the best version of yourself, and remember your manners! :D

• well I never really dress down like sweats and a tshirt anyway so yeah and thanks to being forced to take etticut (iknow that isn't spelled right) classes I should be OK :)

• skinny jeans seem fine to me, there's nothing really wrong with them in my opinion. just make sure theyre not falling down and its fine. one thing I would recommend is don't wear anything showing much cleavage or shows your stomach also I may make sure your bra strap aren't hanging out and that you don't wear insane high heels. besides that just wear something you are comfortable in. meeting the parents outfit isn't too big of a deal, its more how you act around them. don't over think it.

• haha and good thing for strapless bras!

• Dressy top that doesn't show too much skin. Skinny jeans. Flats are okay but... Black boots are the way to go in my opinion at least. For me this is pretty much my everyday outfit. I have several pairs of boots and ankle boots. Again, flats if you want but boots are grown up and very fashionable, plus it will make you look a little taller. Go light on the make-up. No black gawdy eyes.

Nothing is wrong with skinny jeans. I am from Canada and wear them all the time like anonymous person said. I even wore them in Florida and was fine. I can't live without my skinny jeans, normal cut jeans feel wrong now. lol

Oh and don't look like you are trying too hard. Be yourself and be polite. Good luck! :)

• Wear what you're comfortable in. Skinny jeans are fine, but don't allow yourself to wear anything with cleavage showing or too sheer. Wear flats/low heels that are comfortable, but still classy. If you know that his parents are a little more uptight, don't wear sneakers. Nothing too blingy with jewelry. A pair of plain studded earrings and maybe a bracelet/necklace to match your outfit. Just keep it simple!

Or are you planning on going to a nice restaurant for dinner?

• thanks! and no just movies at his place

• Oh okay! Also, make sure your pants aren't so low cut that your crack shows when you sit. Otherwise, wear a longer blouse. Good luck!

• ok thanks!

• Skinny jeans are fine. Perhaps wear a nice top and sweater or sweatshirt. Are they really conservative?

• i have no idea but I'm not going to wear a skirt or something to watch movies lol

• If you do wear skinnies, dress it up with a nice blouse, maybe a sweater, and some flats. NO SNEAKERS!

• do toms count as flats?

• Yeah! I wear my Toms and make my look a little dressy. Perfect shoes besides ballet flats :)

• ok good because ballet flats just look weird on me which is sad because they are adorable!

• You can wear skinny jeans but wear a blouse or something with it, but just for this first time. If they're his parents then they're going to see you in your regular style of dress eventually.

• As long as it's decent and not too revealing,i would say you are fine.

• anything that is not too revealing...

• just want to say I love your username <3 lion king!

• Wear nice fitted jeans, slightly flared with a pair of flats, or slight heel and a button down fleece, with a necklace, and earings.

• What's wrong with skinny jeans? I'm from Canada, and we wear skinny jeans if it's cold out ha ha. You can wear skinny jeans with nice boots (a shorter heel of course) and a cute sweater. Nothing too revealing and it'd be cute. You could wear leggings instead if you wanted. Just something casual, like the others said, but there's nothing wrong with skinny jeans-I think anyways.

• yeah I wear skinnies all the time! I'm so short and curvy (not fat curve actual curve) other pants make me look like a total fattie! haha

• I'm 5'7 and I have a pair, but I don't wear them much. I don't like the look of flats and so I wear heels, like boots with a heel, with them. But I walk so much slower in heels and when I'm walking to my classes at University, I walk quickly. Therefore I don't wear the skinny jeans much.

I didn't think I'd like skinny jeans, but then when I tried a pair on for the fun of it, they actually didn't look too bad ha ha

• haha mee 2 I tried them on for a laugh and I ended up loving them

• I'd wear something that you think looks respectable. A nice blouse and pants.

• what do you mean by pants?