I need advice for my wedding. My fiance prefers my hair brunette & I prefer it blonde.

While I want to please him, I feel more comfortable and beautiful as a blond. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question;

I can give you serious and honest advise I hope as I have experience of this very situation.

First off it is important to say that if you love each other then it is vital part of that love should be to love each other no matter what color your hair is as well as wanting to please each other.

If your fiance prefers you brunette and he is the love of your life then you have no real need to do your hair to please others especially other men who may like your hair blond. After all if we did things just t opelase oursleves it would makea very selfish world. In this case I would have your hair brunette for your future husband and because you pleased him you should be pleased in yourself. You could maybe ask him to have his hair in a style you like or compromise and have your hair dark ask blonde/light brown.

I'm interested what your natural hair color is by the way. If it is naturally brunette then maybe your fiance does like you to be as natural as possible and that is a beautiful thing.

I used to have long hair and I have cut it short to show my fiance I love her and trust her opinions etc. I have not cut it as short as she first wanted but went shorter than I really wanted. She was touched I trusted her and wanted to look good for her alone. She told me she loves me no matter what hair (and its true) but that I would look better with it short...i love to please her and I actually really like my hair now, others have said the same so it was a worthy sacrifice and that's what love is...sacrificing your own desires for the sake of others, namely our loved ones.

God Bless hope this helps.

What Guys Said 7

• In general I don't know, but it does seem odd to me that on your wedding day, your husband's view of what is beautiful isn't the one that matters to you ...

• Thanks for your honesty. That gives me a better idea of what he's thinking from a guy's perspective, which is what I want. I actually had the same line of thought when I was debating both sides in my mind.

• Ugh, the women's answers make me feel ill.

• I f***ing hate the females' answers...you are marrying a partner...but it is YOUR day? Retch...however... I am aware that weddings (on average) seem to be more important to the female than the male...keep in mind tho that he will have to view your wedding pictures for years to come...same as you...compromise to me is understanding when any one particular issue is more important to one half of the couple than the other...not just because it is "their turn" or "your turn"...keeping that in mind...is it possible that your SO would let you be blond for the wedding if you promised to become a brunette for a long time.. immediately after it?

• I'd say keep it Blonde.Be happy and feel sexy on your wedding day&night.Thats important :)

Really tell him how you feel to.

• Call off the wedding

• Wear a wig.

Be a brunette on the day, but ask the Wedding photographer to photoshop your hair to a lighter blond so you appear blond in all the photos.

The wedding day is typically all about the Bride, after all. Most men know this, and let the bride have her own way to make her happy. If your hubby-to-be even mentioned this, it might be really important to him. More than you know. Since you're going to get everything else your own way on the day, give him this. It's a good lesson going in to the marriage - compromise.

• It's your hair, I mean do what you please with it. If your husband loves you for you and it shouldn't matter what color your hair is on that special day.

• Whose Special Day is it? Hers? I was thinking that was her Birthday...o.O

• Taster I have a feeling a lot of people want to kick your ass

• Is this a feeling you got from your ouija board?...you are more than welcome to marry a first class bitch...idc...and live your life in anonymity as well...(:

• how bout a poll? with pic reference of course

• Haha, well the issue isn't what everyone else thinks looks better - I honestly don't care. The question was in regards to whether, from a man's point of view, it's more important that my hair color be my fiance's preference or the color I feel most comfortable and attractive in.

• Well if you want to see you fiancee's happiness to the max during the wedding then I'd say follow his demand. Personally I think this is a very trivial matter.

What Girls Said 12

• My first instinct was, f*** him, go blond...

but then I stopped and thought...

putting aside how you feel for a second..

Which way do you photograph better?

• My first instinct was to go with what all the girls were saying. Like DO WHAT YOU WANT. At the same time, I distantly remember when my father told me that he only tried to get one thing at my parents wedding, one song. That's all he asked for, and he let the women flock and make all the other decisions. I mean, not that he cared all that much, but he only asked for one thing. I would take your husbands opinion into consideration. Also, I would ask other people what they think you photograph better in because you DO NOT want nappy photos for the rest of your life. Also another thing you don't need is hair color gone wrong where the blond doesn't go right. If you do decide to go blond, I would say change it now and make sure it looks the way you want it to. Also, I forgot to add up top, maybe ask your fiance how much better he likes the brown. You should probably put a pic up so we can tell you what we like better.

Mkay sorry for the scatterbrainedness.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and good luck!

• have you ever stop to think that maybe he asking you this is more like a test... giving that chances are you have had more power dicition in most of the wedding... he just wan to see up until which point do you think it is "my" wedding instead of "our" wedding?!

I mean I'm the first one to say is your hair, do whatever you want with it.. but you are getting into something call marriage which means not longer is all about you, you will obviously have to keep respecting yourself & making sure he does respect you (and so you to him!) ... but this new stage is about mutual compromise.. the whole hair thing is a very trivial issue, but is mroe what it represents... :P

• Stay blond. Its good to please your significant other but you should always look out for yourself first. Your confidence/happiness is important and he should understand that.

• Actually, I don't think the wedding has any significance on the answer to your hair color. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, btw.

Your hair color/style should be your choice, because you are the one who has to live with it on your head. It is who you are, it is an extension of yourself.

A wedding is only one day, so choosing the color for one day doesn't make much sense. If you feel better about yourself as a blond, then you should be a blond. Now, if your husband to be likes you as a brunette, I would take that into consideration by perhaps getting low lights in your blond hair, or getting dark golden blond hair with highlights. That's a good compromise. Something workable.

I hope it works out.

• This shouldn't even be an issue on any level.Its your hair and it is JUST a hair color.What should you do?What you WANT to do.He should think you're beautiful EITHER way.I wouldn't give anyone this much aurthority over my appearance.

• I think that this will be YOUR wedding day, and you should do whatever makes you feel more beautiful. Even though you want to please your man, it wouldn't be good for you to not feel pretty on your wedding day. I say you stay blond if you like that the most.

• Whatever color your hair is naturally, I say keep it that way for your wedding...

• its your hair and no one can make that choice for you. do what makes you feel beautiful.

• whatever girl... its your hair. go bald...black blue purple blond red...anything YOU WANT and feel comfortable in. if he likes black hair so much he can dye his own hair black. you do what makes you happy...at least with your own body!

• Go blond ;) Because you will be the one jumping around showing off the wedding pictures to your friends, he will be just like "eh, whatewer"

But tell him before so he doesn't feel lied to.

:)

• hes going to be your husband. chances are he already thinks your beautiful no matter what you look like. go with blond because if your happy then chances are, if he's a keeper, he will be happy. happy wife=happy life :)