Are you at all sensitive about your height? A question for short girls

Are you at all sensitive about your height? Like if a guy you hadn't seen in a while said "I'd forgotten how short you are :p" would you know he's teasing or would it make you feel kinda bad? I'm just wondering because I'm pretty skinny and if someone jokes about it I laugh it off but it kinda makes me feel sh*tty.

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmm I'm 5' 4'' so do I count as short? I'm skinny too - 100 pounds.

Either way, no I'm not particularly sensitive about my height but if a guy said that to me, it would depend on whether he said it rudely or just teasingly. If he was being rude on purpose then yes of course I would be mad. But if it's just teasing, then I don't mind. You can tell the difference via tone of voice, expression and your general knowledge of his personality.

What Girls Said 7

• Not really. I'm comfortable with my height. I like it, so I guess it doesn't matter to me much what other people say about it. My brother makes negative comments about it often, but that's one of the few "insults" he makes that just never get to me. It's not a point of sensitivity for me, and he's never really understood that. I definitely have things I'm insecure about, but height isn't one of them.

Guy friends will comment on my height too, but it's always joking and playful. It doesn't bother me, I'll probably just tease them back or something. :)

• not all girls are but some girls are it just depends me for instance I'm not even 5 foot I'm barly there and I'm 19 but it usually doesn't bother me when people joke about it becasue I'm used to it

• It bothers me anytime someone teases me since it's unnecessary.

There are enough annoying things in life, when I actively, consciously choose to be around a person it is partly due to their sincerity and strength of character but not if it is expressed as teasing or nagging or arguing as a form of entertainment.

I am some one who really believes there is a difference between a discussion, an argument and a fight.

Teasing is like the 'fight' version of an observation, if that makes any sense as a simile.

people and I am not a Grand Duchess or celebrity ( and even they get torn down nowadays) so I do not need to 'be taken down a peg' ( especially at my height HAHAHA :r)

If you know you do not like being teased ,don't do it to others, even if it's about something you don't mind comparatively as much as that person might.

'K?

Have fun, be kind,to yourself and others !

(;

• well I'm 5 6 and I get that a lot and no I don't feel bad at all. I actually have confidence lol. I think it depends on the chick if she's real short she'll be sensitive because EVERYONE notices. if she's only kinda short then its more like a gentle tease and kinda cute. if you say that to a girl you should tell her you think its cute tho, that she's short. like you like it lol.

• I'd wouldn't be bothered by it. I'd laugh, people have always joked about my height and so have I.

I once got ''Will you just grow?!'' XDD

• I'm 5'1'' and played sports. I shocked everyone with my tenacity and had to work harder to prove myself because of my height. Just like you feel crappy for someone joking about your weight, I feel really uncomfortable/crappy when someone jokes about my weight (100lbs if that) and my height.

• yeah that's what I'm afraid of. The thing is, tons of guys find petite girls attractive but it seems like being skinny is a turn off for most girls my age. Like the preference for guys with muscles is so much more common than the preference for girls who are taller. Not trying to belittle your insecurities (or complain about mine), just trying to understand your point of view =) Would it still make you feel crappy if you knew he was flirting with you?

• Probably not, lol. But I'm quite oblivious when guys are flirting with me...which is another can of worms in and of itself.

• haha not at all, I'm like 5'2" and guys always tease me about it, its just a way of flirting and I like being short :)

What Guys Said 1

• say it to her with a smile... tell her, come here il give you a hug! ;)