Advice about first tattoo :/ anything will help..

I'm getting my first tattoo next month and I'm kinda freaking out because I don't know how bad its going to hurt. its going to be a paw print (my cats) on my left wrist. I've heard its going to hurt a lot but I also can stand a pretty good amount of pain most of the time. this tattoo is really special to me and I'm going to get it no matter what lol I just want to know how your first tattoo went

oh and this is sorta like a trial run to see how bad it hurts because I want an even bigger tattoo on my ribs of a tiger (go on my account and look at my pics). if you look at it I would really like your opinion :) its a side by side of the tiger photo I got online and my drawing

thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't hurt really... it feels like being scratched with a toothpick. Just make sure you get something that you've had your mind on for a while. For example, all the tattoos I have are tattoos that I wanted for over a year before I got them. Besides that, just make sure you take good care of it :)

• i had the idea for this tattoo when I was 14 lol

• That's good because you know it's not gonna be something you are going to regret. I'm getting like 4 more myself.. I love the feeling of getting inked.. it's addicting xD

• you are the only person who answerd my question... thank you so much :)

What Guys Said 3

• First keep in mind that the tattoo you're getting is considered a non casual tattoo as it can't be covered up by a t shirt. That could be a problem for some jobs. They don't hurt I'm my opinion and I'm fairly sensitive.

• ive already got a plan for covering up the tattoo.

• It's still a rather big decision. Some people don't mind. If you don't mind that then it's a great spot for a tattoo and it will look good. Just don't do it if you have any doubts at all :)

• you'll live.

• Tattoos are permanent mullets. It's like wearing Ed Hardy for the rest of your life. They're tacky and low class. Don't be a lemming. You're a cute girl, stay that way.

• the only tattoos I'm getting are ones that are special to me. not some random symbol. if you would like to hear the story about my cat and that tiger tattoo, message me. otherwise..dont assume

• Why not just carry pic of your kitty in your locket or something? I know you love her, but you don't need to get marked. You're a youngster. You're not going to be the same at 30,35,40.

• if you knew her story and mine, you would know why I'm getting a tattoo

What Girls Said 6

• My twin has several tattoos, her first was also on her inner wrist. They gave her a lollypop to chew lol just cos she was nervous it would hurt. According to her it was like a rough scratch and nothing more so I'm sure you'll be ok! And for the record, tattoos (as long as they're not tacky and have been well thought out) can look great, and I always instantly want to go up to people and ask about them.

The tattoo sounds great and don't panic! :)

• It feels like someone scratching you. If you've ever had your eyebrows threaded, you can sit through a tattoo, just to let you know. I've had dental cleanings that hurt worse.

It does hurt more if it goes over the bone because it sort if vibrates on it.

& sorry about the a**holes. *sigh* people on this site get a little too cocky with their advice. They act like they have the power to control someone's life.

• NOTHING MORE GRUESOME THEN SEEING A GIRL WITH INK OVER HER PURE WHITE SKIN . . . THE ' TOUGH GIRL' IMAGE INTIMIDATES SOME PEOPLE, BUT IN THE END BET YOUR PARENTS WON'T APPRECIATE IT . . .

• CAPS LOCK! that's your oppinion. mine have very special meanings behind them. my parents know that I'm getting them, all they ask is that I can cover them up...which I can.

• A litter hurt to me when I tattoo one cute giraffe behind my ear. But I take care of it, so no problem now.

• Sorry I do not know much about tatoo. And personally I do not like to have it. But wish you can got happy with yours in the future.

• I have two tattoos, one right on my hip bone and one on my side...my belly button piercing hurt more than both of them