My theory about abs on girls...

This is something I've been thinking about for some time now. There's a lot of questions about whether or not guys like girl like toned girls with abs or something like that and there where a lot of different answers. Some said yes and some said no, but I've kind of developed this theory about it and I want t find out if I'm right or wrong.

Theory - Guys who are every masculine, has a lot of muscles or is very confident in there looks as a man tend to like girls with abs. Because they are sure that they still are the "man" in the relationship and so therefore for the guys who aren't that confident about themselves tend to chose girls with the very womanly curves or the petite kind.

I know this might just a very stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. Any opinions about my theory? from both men and women? and what do you like? curves? athletic? possibly links?

Most Helpful Guy

• While I have preferences, I don't seek out girls to cover up an insecurity. I wouldn't mind going for a taller, athletic girl. The thing is, I am more concerned about what they want. Girls typically want taller, masculine men with strong features. Because of that, I have to limit myself to petite girls, or short curvy girls while ruling out a beautiful girl who just happens to be somewhat tall and athletic. Why? Because they don't want me. I'd rather not waste time unless the feelings are mutual.

What Guys Said 7

• Hmmm your theory probably just hit a bulls eye or it could be a swing and a miss.

Guys who do workout and other form of testosterone raising activities are confident and sure that they are the "man" in the relationship. It' s a combination of several things, it can be insecurity or just preference.

Same thing can be said about people who are insecure if their wives bring in more money home then the other. It can be because since cave men time, men were looked as the hunters,protectors and the providers in a home.

Personally, I'm too laid back to give a single damn, as long as we work together towards the same goal then I don't see an issue. Regarding to the ab thing, it wouldn't bother me, I would date an amazon if she's sweet and attractive and still acted like a female. Of course that's rare, but I'm okay with it all.

• Hmm. Well I'll speak for myself. If girls have abs, it's a really good indication that they workout. Abs are difficult to obtain unless you're a gymnast or specifically workout that muscle... due to their function.

I like petite, or athletic. Not so much bodybuilder... and I think prominent abs on a girl might lead to large muscles elsewhere. And that kinda weirds me out.

I am NOT attracted to overweight or plus size. Not only is it physically non-attractive (to me), 90% of girls like that are not physically active or live active lifestyles. I find girls who do, are far more fun.

As for who I am (this question pertains to that) I workout regularly on many different body areas. I would consider myself as "has a lot of muscles"

• I like athletic, but it really takes a lot until a sporty girl becomes "manly".. As for your theory, I am sort of athletic myself, and very self-confident, but it's not the reason I like sporty girl so much.
    It's more about common interests and being able to work hard. And it feels so much better yummie :D

• False I am by no means muscular, but I think that abs and a toned girl are beautiful

• This is true. I didn't like girls with muscle till I started working out and as I got bigger they became more attractive

• Maybe works for some, but I don't think it's the complete story.

• There might be some truth to it. I love the look of a girl that is in shape and takes care of herself but definitely wouldn't want her to have more muscle definition than I do or be physically stronger than I am because yes it would make me feel like less of a man around her and like she wouldn't need me for things that women typically want a guy around for.

What Girls Said 7

• I think your onto something.

No man wants to feel emasculated - having a girlfriend who physically appears more toned and stronger, I'd see how'd that make some guys uncomfortable in their masculinity.

One of the girls on my track team, has a very toned body; her boyfriend is like 6'5 with huge muscles and physically just intimidating ha ha

Though there are super buff guys who like petite girls and probably because they feel even more masculine around those girls.

I'm athletic built (have visible abs,) and I'd like more athletic guys because I feel less feminine with a guy who wasn't more athletic built than me : \

perhaps works the same way with guys and smaller women.

• i agree with you,that theory can be applied to most things when it comes to how guys view girls-muscles,''manly'' jobs,short hair,bigger paychecks. of course,some guys do like being submissive,but they're rare. to me,all types of abs can be nice,as long as she looks healthy,with a bit of fat,they look soft and cuddly,with ripped abs they look like they work really hard,are healthy,and confident. I think these look best link but they're not the only good option.

• I don't agree. I think that abs on a girl is just a personal preference. But majority of guys like curvy girls, especially muscly guys.

• My boyfriend is pretty masculine, and he loves "soft" curves (i.e. hourglass figures). He considers them very feminine. I would think more masculine guys would be into that, it kind of balances out their masculine side. Unless you're talking about guys who are really into health and fitness. They would probably appreciate a girl who's into the same thing.

• About your theory...I never really gave it much thought but I would agree that toned guys like toned women. I don't necessarily agree with why you said they like toned abs on a woman. I think it's more because they just like seeing toned bodies in general, they spend a lot of time working out and want a woman that likes to be super toned.

What do I like? I don't like overly toned abs on women. I think a lot of the models/actresses out there look too masculine and they don't have any body fat. To me they look like boys sometimes. I prefer somewhat toned abs but not to the point where it starts to look masculine. I think a little bit of fat in the stomach area. And I mean a little, not to the point of looking fat but enough to where it looks feminine.

Gross...

link

Nice...

link

• The second girl doesn't have abs.

• I know. I like that. That is Cameron Diaz. She sometimes looks like a guy but in this picture, I think she looks very feminine. I like the second link.

• My boyfriend loves muscles on a girl - his best friend as well. They are both into bodybuilding and pretty muscular themselves so I guess its that they like that look.

• I think it really depends on the guy...I don't think it would be based on his masculinity but rather if he is a body builder or athletic type (though that doesn't necessarily make him so masculine IMO)

i don't think most guys really care for them, at most they are neutral towards them, they just don't want a big round fat belly.