Why do people get mad over bridesmaid dresses?

Im a very easy going person. I avoid drama and honestly I just couldn't care if I tried about immature drama. Recently a friend of mine is really upset because one of the bridesmaids in her bridal party is complaining about the dresses and doesn't want to wear them and is making a big deal. I'm the maid of honor. I told her what I honestly thought, that she can cry as much as she wants but it's my friends wedding not hers and she's going to have to wear the dress. Also I told her to just forget about it, it's not a huge deal because people just bitch about things like that when they have nothing better to do with their lives. Again, that it was her wedding and it doesn't matter what other people want because it's not their big day it's hers.

Now she isn't talking to me :/ what the hell?

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought everyone knew the bride made the bridesmaids look bad so that her husband-to-be wouldn't be feeling regrets when he sees them coming down the aisle ahead of his bride.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Leave it be. It sounds like she's immature and only mad because she feels like she won't be the center of attention with a dress she doesn't like. Its not her wedding/big day nor is she paying for it so she should just be quiet and be a good friend/bridesmaid. I think this is too much drama for no reason and doesn't deserve anymore time.

• This bridesmaid is immature and selfish. I've been a bridesmaid seven times and I've had to wear some pretty god awful dresses. I have worn dresses that have made me cry, but I've never made a big deal about it to the bride because it's about what she wants and not about what I want.

If this girl is so upset about the dresses and doesn't want to wear them she can kindly return the dress and step aside as a bridesmaid.

You did nothing wrong, in fact, you played your role as maid of honour well and handled it properly, in my opinion.

• I know, I can't stand by and watch one of my best friends get near tears because one of her friends is too selfish to wear a dress

• Wow your friend, the bride, is a saint I would have told my bridesmaid that she could either wear the dress, shut up with the complaining, and get it in her head that it wasn't her big day, or sit her a** in the pews.

• She's too selfish and immature. Ignore it. At least you shut her up!

• hahah yea! I don't know I just can't stand listening to people whine :( So I usually try to tell people to get over it, lifes too short to be all dramatic about everything

• That's true! Life is way too short for whining and complaints about everything.

• you are right, some people are babies and can't stand to hear they are wrong