How to get rid of split ends?!

I have terrible split ends. I have no idea why either. I used to have really healthy hair, and lately it just looks fried. I cut them off, use a split end sealer, use macadamia oil, hair masks, and I hardly use heat to style it, except for a blow dryer on the roots. What gives?! And how can I fix it?

Most Helpful Guy

• go to a skin doctor. I also had the same or even worse problem but the doctor's advise helped it alot.

What Guys Said 2

• Well to fix it there's sometimes revitalizers that are supposed to help, but I don't hear of many good ones. I don't know of many good ways to fix split ends other than just trimming your hair a bit, by like an inch or maybe just half an inch depending on how bad it is. But considering you're canadian, and it IS winter, you might want to switch up your routine, as the winter seasons can effect your hair. It used to play all kind of havoc with mine.

• I don't think there are any sollutions, just gotta go with what you have

What Girls Said 4

• Well I suggest cutting it really short and massaging with olive oil .. as much as possible )

A doctor is a faster solution though .. Good luck :)

• Blow dryers are extremely damaging to hair. I suggest letting your hair air dry and then using a heat protectant (like Chi) before styling it...also if you sleep with a silk pillowcase it will allow your hair to slide across the pillowcase without getting caught unlike a cotton pillowcase, where hair can get caught and break when you are sleeping especially if you toss and turn a lot when you sleep

• I already use a eat protector. I hate the chi one though. I use one by AG. Thanks though!

• link

This stuff is expensive but the best stuff I've ever tried. Put it on your ends only while your hair is damp, right before you style it.

I'm not kidding around - this is REALLY good stuff, but expensive. You only need a little bit.

• It is impossible to repair split ends, and ultimately it is best to cut them before the split more and more, further up your hair strands and make it all brittle and frizzy.

However, in the mean time, while it is more damaging/causes more split ends, flat ironing the ends of your hair smooths down the splayed out ends and hides them. A smoother hair cream or shine cream, like Bed Head Afterparty then sealed over the ends makes them look less dry and healthier.

This will NOT fix them, but it does help to hide them pretty well until you can get them cut.