What color dress should I wear to prom?

It's my prom in June so I have to start looking for a dress soon.

I have very light brown hair, blue/green eyes and I am really pale so I don't want anything that will make me look washed out.

any suggestions? x

Most Helpful Girl

• you could research which "season" you are. I'm an autumn for example. by your description id say you're a summer. muted colors, very light colors would probably be best on you. too much contrast can sometimes wash a paler complexion out. I'm no expert on this but that's just what I know lol

try on as many as you can and judge for yourself, what you like.

im the opposite of you - I'm african American, I have warm, golden-peachy undertones, tan skin, and extremely dark eyes and hair so I can't be 100% sure. I know I wore this gorgeous very rich, very dark red dress to my prom. loved it. and to my junior prom I wore a really warm orange dress. I don't recommend that for you though!

one of my paler friends wore a really pretty, creamy yellow dress, very light color. it was full length, not short, kind of grecian style. I thought it was beautiful.

• Thanks for the advice. I took one of the online quizes and it said I was a summer so you were right.

What Guys Said 1

• Stay away from "old or cold" colors. Maybe you want something to liven you up? Not just the color, but also look for the type of dress that will make your favorite part of your body more obvious.

What Girls Said 3

• What colors look best on you? I would say green, coral, ivory, black, turquoise, aqua, deep reds. I suggest you try on various colors and see which ones you like best.

• Try a jewel toned dress. I'm very pale and Jewel tones look best on me. Neons and some darks will wash me out.

• blue, emerald green, medium purples, true red, corals (warm pinks)