Why would he prefer a brown haired girl?

This guy I have known for a while is really a great guy and I recently started to like him but he told he prefers girls with brown hair or black hair over blonds. why? I don't get why a guy will take the plain brown hair over my hair. I do not have an ugly face and I am thin, so I don't know why my hair color should matter. in high school it was always me who got picked over the plain girls and now it's not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, everyone has preferences. Some girls only want to date tall guys, or only athletes, or only black guys, or whatever.

The thing is, despite our preferences, we often find ourselves in relationships with people who don't match those physical preferences, because we've been won over by their personality instead. And for all but the most shallow of us, it's really a person's personality, not their body, that we choose to date.

So, clearly, dispite his preference for a different hair color, you've won him over with your personality. Ergo, you WIN! Just enjoy that and be happy.

What Guys Said 3

• Did he say he prefered brown hair over yours or was he talking generally? I have a thing for redheads, but I have only gone out with blondes and brunettes. All it means is that darker hair is a little extra turn on for him. It's nothing to worry about, but don't change your hair color to suit him.

• no I told him how I felt about him I usually do and he said he had his eye on someone else and then pointed her out to me and I asked why because she is shy and quiet and he told me the list of stuff he likes about her and one of the things he said was he loved her dark hair and then added he has a soft spot for dark haired girls over blonds and always has

• So it's not just the brown hair, he just doesn't want you.

• I'm better looking and I'm not meaning just the hair color I'm meaning our faces hers is chubby and she has no cheek bones, and I'm more talkative. guys don't like quiet girls. He'll figure out he doesn't want her once they've been together and she can't hold a conversation for long. If it wasn't for the fact that it seems creepy I'd dye my hair brown because I could pull it off, but I know I'd be freaked out if a guy dyed his hair the color of my choice. So I'll just meet someone else.

• It's just personal taste. If you are so worried, dye your hair brown.

• Dark hair is sexier. It contrasts with light skin, it has a classy seductive look to it. It's in no way plain. Blond in my opinion look bland. It blends in with light skin tones and doesn't really frame a girls face. It's really kind of boring. The very cute, passive, fun loving girls sometimes look good with blond hair, but most girls just look meh with blond hair...

What Girls Said 6

• Be yourself. You're not a brunette. You're a blond and you are obviously happy being that way. Don't change for a guy. When it comes down to it a guy is going to want his girl to be confident and happy in her own skin. If you dye your hair, you show him that you are not secure and you seek his approval to feel good about yourself. Have the attitute that this is how I am. I'm not changing. Take it or leave it. Plenty of guys like blondes anyways and a guy who is that shallow that because of your hair color he won't date you is not worth your time anyways. The whole dumb blond thing is a stereotype and he should understand that not all blondes are dumb and easy.

• Agreed but if you look above in one of the guys comments she says he said he 'had his eye on another girl' and her brown hair was one thing of many things that he liked about this girl.

• Maybe this is just an excuse. I believe if a man is fond of you, he never mind what's your hair color. He may be great, but since he said so, leave him go. You are pretty still!

• things change when guys mature.

• Plain brown? Excuse me?.. Blond is as PLAIN as brown, just face it he doesn't want you

• Sounds like he just started liking another girl before you got there. I don't think it's your hair color. I totally have a thing for dark haired men, but I'm dating a blond guy right now. His hair color didn't stop me from dating him...

• Perhaps its your attitude about the situation. It seems you are not use to rejection but rejection is a part of life. You have to accept the fact that not everyone is going to like you solely based on looks alone. He very well may be a jerk but you sound shallow as well. There is nothing wrong with having brown hair.