Why buy Victoria's Secret when other generic brands are basically the same?

So I know their are some exceptions, I've found times were VS had a sale going on and they had bras for 20 and panties for like four dollars, which in some cases IS cheaper than other stores. But when you go in their for a 50 dollar bra or 75 dollar lingerie set, what's the point? I'm not saying that I've never done it, VS is my favorite brand. It DOES make you feel sexy, and I'm sure your man likes the brand or just knowing that its from there, but why get ALL your lingerie from there?

-Not bashing VS, wrote a review for them on a Beauty and Health website and had a lot of feedback.

Is this true..?

i agree, also VS got a lot of criticism recently because a news broadcast did an experiment and sent an undercover news reported to several locations to buy underwear and panties and then the next day or two, return them for a refund and say it was used/worn/tried on. and the employees put a new tag on the 'used' panties and put it back on the shelves or racks and it was resold. basically they sell returned merchandised and used unhygienic stuff which is disgusting.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like Vanity Fair myself but there aren't any Vanity Fair stores in my area. Also I've got a really weird sized chest and Victoria's Secret is the only place other than VF that I've found bras that fit well at. Places like JC Penny or Macy's or Walmart or what have you are all awkward, the cups are always too big or too small, the bands are always awkward and never sit comfortably around my chest.

When I can I go to VF because there's a shop right by my school (I'm in college) but when I'm home (Summer and Winter break) and I need a bra because one wears down, or I want to feel a little extra sexy VS is just the best option. They have sexy bras that fit perfectly and good sales on good quality products.

I'm a really awkward size/fit so it's tough to shop at places that don't specialize in bras because they never have the specific things I need to feel comfortable. They just have a bunch of generic things in various sizes, and the store clerks don't know how to help you/what to offer and suggest.

• Now that I think about it, I feel the same way. VS bras also give A LOT of support.

• Exactly. See I gain weight on my boobs (which is nice except when I need to buy new bras every summer and winter 'cause it fluctuates) so the density of different parts and the proportions to the rest of my body are a little weird. I'm also in between two different sizes and most stores don't have the brands and variety I need to find a good fit. The Cs are too small and the Ds are too big.

What Guys Said 4

• You can apply this method of thinking to a lot of other markets as well. What makes a pair of jeans that are already made of one of the most durable/rugged fabrics you can get worth $200-$300 when $75 will get you a pair of KEVLAR LINED jeans?

What makes a hammer, one of the simplest tools known to man, worth $50 when a dollar store one is just as good at smashing things?

• buy only "made is U.S.A"

• I think a good majority of it is hype.

I also think VS have done a tremendous job with Marketing to where some people (mostly men) think that VS is the only place that sells that type of thing.

I will also say that it is somewhat similar to Radio Shack in the sense of it is what a certain demographic is use to and they have never really searched anywhere else.

I hope this helped a bit.

Also, of you have a nordstrom rack or tj maxx near you those are great places to find designer stuff at a good price.

• women in general like to spend a lot on money in clothes and I don't know why. I am pretty sure that you can answer your question yourself because you are a girl.

• Haha I for sure don't! I like "brand name" clothes I suppose but I head straight for the deals/clearance section. I spend large amounts of money on my education etc.

What Girls Said 5

• I've bought some lingerie from other stores but they usually fell apart quickly or didn't fit as well after awhile (material would wear out). I'm all for buying lingerie at ANY store that will be worth it, but until I find one VS will just be the place I go.

• For me brands don't matter, I'm only concerned about fit. If something fits I buy it. That goes for any type of clothing.

• Im with you on that, I don't see the point of buying a really expensive bra that nobody is going to see, and yes, and you can get good quality bras elsewhere that are cheaper. I'm sure most girls who shop at VS say the bras are prettier.

• I bought my bras from their in HS because they made by B cup look good! Hahah, that could be another reason!

• yeh they are supper padded too. :/

• a lot of bras are that expensive. I just love their panties. their 5 for 25 is not a bad deal, really other underwear is not that much cheaper from what I have seen and the victorias ones just fit well, they are real cotton and not that cheapy polyester, and they are comfy and cute.

idon't like their bras though, my boobs aren't a good size for them because I am thin with DDs so I usually need certain brands.

• i agree, also VS got a lot of criticism recently because a news broadcast did an experiment and sent an undercover news reported to several locations to buy underwear and panties and then the next day or two, return them for a refund and say it was used/worn/tried on. and the employees put a new tag on the 'used' panties and put it back on the shelves or racks and it was resold. basically they sell returned merchandised and used unhygienic stuff which is disgusting. imagine a woman with an std returned something?!

if I had to buy something from there id wash the item before wearing it, which is such a hassle because it should be new and you paid a lot of money for it.

but yea I just stick to hanes and find local beauty stores to buy cheaper stuff from, sometimes you actually find cute things and fun colors and theyre definitely not used or worn because most discount local stores/privately owned business/shops don't accept returns/exchange on lingerie and they even put huge signs on the store windows and in the return policy which I like :) may be VS should learn something from that.

• also marshalls, tj maxx and ross have nice high end brands for lingerie and I always find good things there much cheaper than VS

• Is that true?!