I feel like I'm not pretty?

i feel like I'm not pretty, I've never had a boyfriend, never had a guy like me, never had a guy check me out/flirt with me, and I'm 16 and never been kissed. Does anybody else feel this way or have been through it, any tips on how I can be prettier?

Most Helpful Girl

• *sigh* I feel the same way sometimes, I'm never been kissed or been out with anyone (there's and way of knowing if anyone ever liked me, I'm sure they have though everyone gets liked by someone its just not always someone you consider an option or someone you know, and people do flirt, you just have to take notice, but I am a very genial person and outgoing so in public I have no problem making conversation with others, I guess that makes me more approachable? I'm not bragging just trying to get you yo maybe open up. But I know how you feel, I will have days where I just look in the mirror like "whyyyy god whyyyyyy" lol, or where I just think I'm really fat and unattractive, gonna be single forevaaa blah blah blah, but don't give in to that negative bullsh*t! You can drown in those negative thoughts, all throughout the later year of middleschool and first 2 years of hs I let that sh*t get to me, then online I read a quote, it said

"If you had a friend who talked to you the way you sometimes talk to yourself, how long would you let that person be your friend?"

Holy sh*t was that a wake up call, here I was being an ass and to myself, if I had a friend who said some of the things I said to myself I would punch her I the head! If I dfidnt like myself how could I expect others to? So I stopped, now I have thoughts occasionally and I realize that's OK, that's normal I'm not pathetic for felling sad about it or for letting it get to me sometimes, not even for being single I just realize that it will pass and its really not a big deal it only feels like it is. I allow myself to feel then I get over it and go do something I enjoy like talking to a friend or watching an old show/movie I like. I understand it hurts, but that is OK just don't allow yourself to get weighed down in that pain and he if you need someone to talk to just message me, I'm serious, its no problem at all :)

What Guys Said 7

• That picture does you no justice just saying and your a girl give it time guys will be all over you, trust me.

• You're just a child :)

It takes time trust me, I grew up with many kids at my school and they all changed as time progressed, I don't look the same as I did when I was 16, I lost my baby face and grew taller, besides there are better things to do right now than dating. Perhaps you could get a hobby or get some dance classes, find something that makes you interesting and happy, then maybe you'll find people with similar interests (like perhaps a boy) and you'll have something to talk about.

And yes you are pretty, trust me.

Also all that junk you see in magazines and on TV is fake! Don't listen to what they tell you is pretty. My ex girlfriend got denied once for some little modeling company for being "fat" (she so was not) and having scars (which I adored), they made her unique :)

• I never dated until I was 21. That means I never kissed anyone until I was 21. Just be patient and focus on making yourself happier, because (take it from someone who knows) if you spend too much time obsessing about how lonely you are or how others perceive your looks, then it will just eat at you.

• if you really like to know.. it doesn't matter how you look like, its who you are! Positive people have a high chance of getting flirted at. Trust me, I have days that I didn't take a shower, didn't do my hair and am just wearing regular clothing.. But I still attract girls

I guess its my lazyness but yeah even when I look like a bum (even tough diffrent kind of girls approach me then normally when I look good and all) I still have no problems with girls

• With a face like that you have nothing to worry about. But face isn't everything so make sure you have a desirable personality and you'll get your share of boys and more, don't worry about it. But at 16, you have plenty of time. Oh, yeah you can always try different makeup etc, and see what works, but no rush since you look good without it.

• You're only 16, give it some time. He'll come around :)

• being pretty is not really important I think. if you are even the ugliest person on the world (as I see you are pretty enough by the way) there must be sbd out there who is nice for you. just try to find him and be happy.

What Girls Said 6

• . I wish I could tell you to "just sit there and wait ..." but that's not always the case. Guys (or at least most guys) are visual people. They like physical attraction and they like confidence.

Every girl has their up and down moment but if it's something constant you should work on it. This means, if you don't feel beautiful, then you need to start doing things to help you feel beautiful or help you boost your confidence up. If you don't like your weight,lose it or gain it (depending on what your going for). If you don't like your hair, color it/cut it/grow it/style it. If you don't like your face, make-up is always great (minimal though...don't cake it up to where you are a complete different person). I love fashion and I love dressing nice and different and that helps my confidence. Maybe it could do the same for you.

You have to learn to feel beautiful (internally and externally) on your own. It will help you learn to value yourself. My friend had low self-esteem and when she finally got a boyfriend, she relied on him to make her feel pretty and he used her and she let him. It's not always like that but it can get like that sometimes. Also, radiate happiness. Smile and make funny jokes and do things that make you feel happy. It all plays a role on how others see you (even guys). But you do have time and your face still has some maturing to. Also remember not everyone gets a relationship when they're 16. Certain things happen at certain times. Good Luck (:

• You're young, give it some time. There's going to be plenty of guys who will come and go from your life.

• I don't know what you're talking about because you ARE pretty :) I'm 16 too and never been kissed or had a boyfriend, I think that's because I'm pretty shy, but it will eventually happen so I'm not worried about it. Just try to have confidence, try new makeup looks, buy clothes that really flatter your figure, try a new hairstyle or even buy a perfume that makes you feel happy, pretty and feminine. But don't stress about it, you're still 16, it will happen, you still have a lot of time. Hope I helped a little :)

• i've never done those things either,so what? don't let yourself depend on guys,esp. at such a young age.

• Tips:

1) realize that you have a really pretty face

2) let your hair down

3) groom your eyebrows

4) just keep being healthy

you'll look good, feel good and as you get older you'll have good guys to flirt with :) you will be fine!

• don't focus on what you don't have and focus on what you do have