Girls what is your favorite lipstick brand and shade?

I am not very daring when it comes to lip colors and I only own two lipsticks which are now leaning towards the end of their lives. So I want to buy some new ones ...any suggestions would be great..

Thank you for all the great answers :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have one lipstick -- a rosy neutral gloss for work days. For evenings I dab it on and add a touch of shimmery chocolate-peppermint gloss.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm really not that picky about lipstick, but I live next door to a gay bar and I always see the guys coming out of there wearin brown lipstick, which I think looks bad.

• Just curious...what lipstick colors do you have?

• When my girlfriend wears red/dark red its so hot ... lol.

What Girls Said 24

• Maybelline Pink Me Up is my favorite one. It's pretty much the only one I use, but like lipstick colors depend on your skintone.

• I love nudes

But my favs has to be : Russian Red by MAC (obviously a red), Eternal (a pink tht almost looks red) and va va voilet (a darkk purple).

• I'm brown skinned so I have to pick my colors a little more carefully -- I'd love to wear pink, but it would look awful on me lol.

My favorite brand is Revelon with rosebud salve on top for softness and shine.

Colors: Bordeaux, Raging Raisin, Iced Mocha, Chocolate Truffle

• Suggestions: Try the bordeaux, it's not vivid red (so you won't be too uncomfortable standing out) but it will be a step up from the pinks and corals you wear. Also, whatever color you like and choose, try the rosebud salve on top of it -- it smells like roses which is a plus!

• okay them names make me hungry no fair lol

• lol :P I bought a mocha flavored balm from the rosebud salve company.. so not only does it sound good, when I wear my lipsticks, I make them smell good and taste good too! plus the smell of mocha keeps me going after 3 classes in a row at college! lol

• I bought a color sensational.maybelline, Shade 625 "Are you Red-Y" one night while in a rush to get a Rocky Horror showing...it was the reddest looking thing I could find at the time.

I dig it because if I just put it on a tiny bit, I can just fill my natural color in well. Then for occasions, I can do the super-red.

But different colors will look different on every set of lips out there. I can't do any of those pink or beige tones out there that look totally normal on other people, but for some reason a giant bright red color crayon tone works and looks normal for me.

You've got to find what works for your natural colors.

• link

I LOVE this lipstick. It stays on pretty much all day. It comes with a gloss that you put on over it. To touch up during the day, I just swipe a little more gloss over it. I like the color 549 - Always Rosy. Don't use a ton. Start out with just a little and you can build the color for more intensity.

They cost about $10 but it lasts for a few months. Totally worth the price.

The colors on the monitor aren't very true. It's best to see them in the store. Walgreens has them. So does Walmart and CVS.

• now that sounds very happy and sexy both :)

• $10 isn't a big deal, given the fact that most brand-names you find in a pharmacy cost about $8 anyway -- or that the ones in boutiques can cost anywhere from $35 up...

Nice!

• I'm not that into makeup to be honest. It's too much work. I prefer the natural look on myself. However, I do like to wear a small amount of eyeliner and/or mascara on occassion.

As far as lips go, I just use Burt's Bees.

• i don't do lipstick, I do like tinted chapstick or shimmery chapstick. there's this one brand I love that I get from greece that's made from olive oil and such and it smells like vanilla and it's white, but it goes on clear with a bit of shine. looks nice :)

• Tinted chapstick is what I use usually, I really like the ones from carmex

• i generally don't use my lipsticks..but there is a very nice maybelline product I got

link

it has a lovely color...i apply a little concealer on my lips first and then this lipbalm..it gives the most beautiful pink ever! and its cheap like hell!

• Orange is my current addiction, paired with the right skin tone and simple black wing tip eyeliner it can look amazing! Other than that corals and pinks are always great, and a nice red is always classically beautiful. MAC has a great selection, I suggest going in and getting their consultants to pick you out the perfect shade for you!

• dior addict lip glow

it's a pink shade that is very pretty imo

• I like nude lip sticks with gloss... I think they go well with any look, especially if you have a heavy eye make up and you want all the attention on the eyes then a nude lip would be good for the natural soft look on the lip, also if you want just a neutral everyday look the nude lip would also look good and very natural. MAC has a good range of nude lip choices, I hope I was helpful.. :)

• well when I want it to be subtle yet noticeable.. I use my mary kay dusty-rose lip stick.. and when I wanna look stunning.. I wear my covergirl flame lip stick

• Red, pink are the most popular ones

• Revlon: revival red

and recently Cover Girl came out with a lipstick that has 2 complimenting colors (I want to try it)

• pink always very light though

• My recent lipstick purchases:

Red: Revlon- Raspberry

Nude:Estee Lauder -Vanilla Truffle

Pink: Pupa-New Chic #46

• Any coral shades are best. Mac sells a few good ones, but they can be pricey. I heard there was a new "butter balm" or something out. I think its by Maybeline and those had great reviews. Hope I helped. :)

• I usually just use balms or tinted glossed like eos, baby lips, light pink from wet and wild

• I wear a lancome lipstick.. I'm not sure the name.. but it's a really pretty peachy pink!

• YSL rouge volupte

• mac's please me <3

• i use this dark berry shade from body shop... I am not a daring person either but this lipstick just makes me get noticed whenever I put it on.. and I have been complimented many times for it.. saying that it just clicks with my tanned skin. :)

• Chanel's Paris is my favorite <3

• mac's shy girl

revlon's soft nude

rimmel's airy fairy

revlon's primrose

the most worn is mac shy girl