Why are Tattoos on girls so unattractive to guys?

I've noticed on this site that when guys ask about getting tattoos, girls tend to be supportive. When girls ask about tattoos, guys claim it's "trashy" and are very unforgiving.

Why is this?

Personally, I love tattoos on everyone. I'm heavily tattoo'd myself.

Imo it's just guys being incredibly insecure that a girl is "ink'd" and they are not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that when a question like that is asked guys usually picture a heavily tattoed girl and then picture the stereotypical things that come with it. For example, they may picture a biker chick or the female equivalent of "The Lizard Man" or an all around bad-ass girl that may not fit their idea of someone to have a long relationship with. I can see how that could scare a guy off who is not the same way but a little tattoo hear and there shouldn't be that much of a because for concern especially if it's not visable unless she's naked. I guess some people are into the "natural form" of a person I suppose, like guys who like girls without make-up. Everyone has different kinds of looks they like on a potential mate.

What Girls Said 7

• It's more this site than anything, really. Unless people are just wayyyyy different here in Australia. Honestly, whenever I show my tattoo on my back guys (and girls) always compliment me. If I'm at a bar/club or music festival, some guys use it as a way to approach me.

I guess guys tend to think tattoo means she makes poor decisions, gets stupid sh*t etched into her skin or whatever. Personally, I love tattoos. If I didn't have to worry about professionalism I would get sleeves without a doubt. I think heavily tattooed girls (think Suicide Girls) are insanely sexy, and I know many guys who might not agree in theory, but when they see a chick like that in the flesh they'd drool all over themselves.

So yeah. Basically I'm guessing it's just the dudes on here. A lot of the people on here don't represent the majority, and got major sticks up their ass.

• Idk since I am a girl, I've always wanted to get a tattoo, but haven't found the right thing yet, nothing that is important enough to me.

All the ideas I've come up with thus far are superrrrr nerdy and hard to explain, but they mean something to me Haha, but I think tattoos are hot on guys, Travis barker ...good lord...he's a little scrawny for my taste but his tattoos are so sexy, I think it goes along with the bad boy thing, guys who have tattoos may seem edgy and that's attractive to a lot of females, however its more attractive if a girl is the good girl/girl next door/proper lady (to a certain extent) tattoos don't always go along with this, but this of course, is only true for some people

• I think when they hear tattoo, they automatically think of tramp stamps, flowers, butterflies etc. And those tattoos generally are unattractive, but I've seen a lot of tastefully done tattoos that looked great.

• meh a lot if people on here seem pretty conservative IMO. I guess getting tats could be considered non girlie because it's seen as rebelious and the guys on here seem to be more for the do what they are told types?

• Girls with tattoos are hot!

Some guys on here are @!?%#

• I don't get this either...I have two tattoos as well.

• I have my whole left rib done to my hip. I've dated guys who "claim" to not like tattoos on women, but once they see mine they seem to change their mind. I think it really depends on what it is and what it represents. If someone has a cheesy, generic, "oops I'm probably going to hate this forever" tattoo then people are turned off; I know I am when I come across someone like that.

What Guys Said 7

• just wanted to post this:

I see a woman with a tattoo and I think, okay, here’s a girl who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future. My kinda woman.

• depends like a small butterfly tattoo on the small of her back

or something similar is nice

I wouldn't say it's trashy I just don't particularly like them

• I'm not sure either. I don't have any, but I certainly don't mind tattoos (provided they aren't stupid like this one: link

• I respect that decisiveness about life a tatted girl seems to have. (or that's what I perceive).

I think that's what scares some guys about it. It flies in the face of their masculinity I guess.

I always thought tats and piercings on a girl were hot.

• Lol, it's the opposite for me.

A girl that has some awesome tattoo is dangerous, imo. I really like that.

• depends on the tattoos

• I'm not sure how insecurity comes up in this. I just don't like the way they look. A girl's body looks much better without a bunch of stuff written/drawn on it.