I don't like my body: accept or continue working?

After living my childhood as an overweight kid, I've finally reached a healthy weight. I'm 5'1 and weigh around 120. Some call me tiny, but I still see myself as large. I typically wear an XS, sometimes a small, and a 2 or 4 in pants. I do exercise (ballet mainly) and tend to eat okay. I think the issues I have with myself is that my legs are larger than I would like. It's due to genes so I can't control but it still bothers me. Even still, I have issues with every piece of my body. I have become more accepting of myself, but the insecurities are still there. I frequently find myself talking down about my body. Do I learn to accept myself as is, or continue making improvements?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd like to say, it's honestly up to you. No one should tell you whether or not to accept who you are or tell you to keep changing your flaws. Hating parts of yourself that can't be fixed is a nasty and hard habit to deal with, believe me I know. I as well was 160lbs (5'6) and I got made fun of a lot. I decided to lose weight and now I down to 125lb, I may still be unhappy with parts of myself but I've come to realize that I'm beautiful and it's not because I ask people if I am or wait for approval from other people but it's because I am who I am. Be proud of what you've been given because I assure you that there's probably about a million girls who wish they were you.

What Guys Said 3

• While you can't hide legs you may not be happy about at the beach, what about during the rest of your days? Have you considered purchasing new skirts that flatter your legs or conceal the parts you don't like? If you look at the mirror and find clothing that accentuates your figure, you might feel better. Also, talking to your doctor or personal trainer might be able to help make at least some dent on loosing a little bit more, even with the genes. Betheone gave sound advice too!

• Mor e lengthy and intensive cardio workouts to complement ballet!

• To be frank...

...I can't fully answer this ? w/o a picture.

W/ a pic we can see what your body looks like and can make a judgement and give you sound advice.

Crop out your face if you wanna remain confidential. :)

What Girls Said 3

• You need to embrace yourself and your body. This behavior is actually pretty normal to have. People always see something wrong with themselves, it doesn't matter how hard you've worked to get it off. But you're at a healthy weight right now. I feel like if you went lower then you are jeopardizing your health. Are your legs toned? Maybe you can work on toning them down. Run a mile or so a day. But don't push it. Right now just focus on toning, not loosing.

• I'm about your height, and I weigh less.. but then, that can also be build.. and well, if you're in ballet, you probably have way more muscles then me lol..

Ultimately, its up to you.. its more important that you are happy then anything else.. the only thing I'd worry about is, what you see in the mirror, and what is real, aren't the same...

I would suggest just trying to maintain for a bit... and see how you feel in a couple weeks or a month...

• you are tiny, I'm sure its the pressure of the ballerina look that is stressing you out. I'm 5'2'' and 165 you are just fine