He doesn't know what I look like??!

Okay, so I have this boyfriend...we've been dating for a month now...we've hung out like 6 or 7 times. We haven't been able to see each other much, but I've known him since November. I like the color of my eyes because they used to be hazel until this year that I met him. They are now a dark green. I asked him if he knew the color of my eyes, and he said BLUE!

I was upset.

Brown, green, or hazel would be acceptable, but blue isn't. There is a big difference between blue and the other 3 colors.

Does he not like me? Or what is up with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup, that'd definitely be a problem for girls. Have you ever talked about your eye color before to the point that you'd thought he'd never forget? Do you know his right off hand? I'm not giving him an excuse but just wondering if he knows how much you like the color of your eyes. Does he and is it that he just doesn't remember the exact color? When you asked that question, if he didn't know for SURE he should have said it slipped his mind rather than be taking a guess. So it sounds like he was pretty sure of himself. Maybe your eye color isn't a big deal to him. It would be to me because I remember the eye color of every girl (several) I really liked even if we never went together because they don't change like hair color. lol! If he's had several girlfriends before you I'd say he's stopped trying to remember such things as eye color, and that's a bad thing, especially if he doesn't look at you as long-term. So maybe he doesn't think of you in the same way you think of him. If he really likes you and has spent time just looking into your eyes like most boyfriends would have, then there's no excuse for him not knowing or for not having made the effort to remember. Of course he could still like you. Just not in the way you want him too. You want romance and being very special to him. He may be more interested in hanging out with you and just having fun. But only you know that. When a guy "really" likes a girl for who she is and what she represents to him, and since her eyes are such a central part of her if not the most important part, forgetting their color is like forgetting if her legs are shapely or fat, or if she has big boobs or small ones... but even more so. That would never happen.

What Guys Said 2

• Dont' sweat it, my girlfriend couldn't draw me without looking at me for the better part of a year because she was afraid to look at me. She was raised to believe that eye contact implies a challenge. (Southern women. I'll never understand...)

• It probably means nothing, guys just don't notice details like eye color very much.

Don't worry about it.

Now, if he can't remember your favorite food or color...then you should consider worrying.

What Girls Said 3

• Some guys are just not all that observant.

My dad didn't know what color my grandma's (his mom) eyes were just because he never really payed attention. Honestly, she has squinty eyes and wears glasses, but I was SHOCKED! :D

Be patient with him :)

• Some guys just don't pay attention, they don't notice the little things like that. He probably won't notice when you get your hair cut, change your make up, try a new style, anything. Some guys are just like that. If he is like that now he probably will never change.

• I always say that if a guy doesn't know the color of your eyes he doesn't REALLY truly like you for more than your body or something. The eyes are the window to the soul and if a guy didn't know my eye color id dump is ass! But that's just me...