What's Your BMI (Body Mass Index)?

20.8 for me. I used to be 31until I made some serious lifestyle changes

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a fattie unfortunately. Mine is like 38 I'm pretty sure of it lol

I'm fat so not talking about me but if you work out a lot and build muscle, it can be misleading. also there's the argument that certain racial groups have more natural muscle than others. So bmi isn't fool proof but I don't think it's completely off either

What Girls Said 14

• BMI is bullsh*t just saying. It doesn't take into account muscle. It only takes into account weight and height. If Arnold Schwarzenegger were to look himself up on the BMI table it would tell him he was obese, but obviously he's not.

• Just because it doesn't apply to professional bodybuilders doesn't make it bullsh*t. It's just a general indicator of fat composition.

• No, a general indicator of fat composition is taking measurements and getting your bodyfat tested using calipers. That will tell you your bodyfat percentage.

• Maybe Arnold 25 years. ago. lol

• 19.8 to 20.1 depending on which model I use.

• According to the link 17.4...but those aren't accurate. I have a really small frame, so I don't look unhealthily skinny by any means.

• 18.3 is my "usual"

I'm at 19.3 right now tho :(

• 17.7

• I'm 18.6 according to that, used to be 16.

And like sammyangel9991, I also think it's bullsh*t. According to it, most olympic athletes would be underweight.

• i did this last wk.. it was like 20

• 18.2

• Your BMI index is 24.9, indicating your weight is in the normal category for adults of your height.

• 21.8

• 18.8

• 18.5

• your BMI index is 121.6, indicating your weight is in the normal category for adults of your height.

• 21, but unfortunately I only look good when it's about 19. :(

What Guys Said 13

• 25, apparently I'm overweight which just proves my theory I already had before that bmi is bullsh*t. It takes nothing into account other then weight and height when there are also other factors to consider such as built and muscle ratio to fat. BMI shouldn't be recommended for determining if someone is overweight or not

• 21.2

BMI is not bullsh*t.

It was designed for analyzing large groups of people, where variation in height and muscularity even out - for every member of the group who is much taller or more muscular than average, there is also one who is much shorter or less muscular.

The problem comes when you try to use BMI to assess individuals, as it will overestimate the "fatness" of people who are tall or muscular, and underestimate the fatness of those who are particularly short or lacking in muscle. Although, if you're of average height and muscularity, it is fairly accurate.

• 25.1 but that link is sh*t. I'm mainly muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. True BMI takes measurements of key areas. Stomach, arm, are two I can recall.

• Muscle does not weigh more than fat. A pound of anything is a pound.

• You misunderstood. Yes if you have the same volume of fat and muscle the muslce will weigh more. Pounds are not a unit of volume so to say 1lb weighs more than another 1lb is wrong

• I know what you are saying but that wasn't what I said from my statement. So you misunderstood what I wrote. My statement was ambiguous since I didn't set up perimeters. As I stated already that an identical volume of muscle weighs more than an identical volume of fat. So get off my comment thread already.

• 25.4. and its saying I'm overweight for adults my height lol. Its all muscle I don't have any fat on me.

• I've been working with the infiltration and espionage department. It's thrilling stuff but after nearly getting slimed I've been having second thoughts. Maybe a desk job.

Oh, I'm sorry, that was my MIB status.

• 20.5 but I think it's a female calculator ?

my male BMI is more 19.8 ^^

• on some sites you have to enter if you are male or female and then it changes the numbers a little bit ;-)

• 21.7

• 20.5, we're close.

• Currently 21.8, it was 20.8 before the holidays, so that's an increase D:

• Last time I checked I was like 19.5, this was only a few months ago

• 22 even

• 35.9. Come get some of this hotness now girls!

• BMI is a joke. For example- I am 6'6" and 265lbs. I have a body mass index of 30.1 which makes me obese according to the charts. Ironically I have no fat on me because I work out rigorously and I am pretty muscular. Again, this index is a joke, I am in better shape than my friends who have low to mid 20's.