How to add volume to my hair?

Question says it. Please don't ay tease because I can't tease my hair everyday because I'm sure it will be damaged. My hair is straight mostly. So any tips?

I have layers in my hair and I always trim my split ends but my hair is too straight to hold volume and curls too unless I use my hair spray.

Most Helpful Girl

• Remove the build up! - residue from shampoo, conditioner and any other hair products that you use can build up in your hair, making it limp. Use a clarifying shampoo such as Tresseme Vitamin C Deep Cleansing Shampoo to remove all of that gunk and restore your hair's natural volume!

Choose wisely - if you choose to buy a volumizing shampoo then be careful when deciding which one to try. Some volumizing products coat your hair to make it thicker, but volume is about lift and bounce, and if it's coated it will be heavier and harder to lift.

Get a haircut - if your hair is long it'll be heavier and harder to lift, so for instant volume get it cut shorter. Another thing you can do is to have layers cut into it, the shorter the layers, the more volume you'll achieve.

Invest in some big Velcro or heated rollers. Wrap them around certain parts of your hair for a few minutes to gain extra volume. The larger the rollers the more volume you'll get.

Blow dry hair - get a fairly large round hairbrush and brush sections of hair upwards from your roots, aiming the hairdryer at the hairbrush. A quick burst of cool air will set your style.

Buy some volumizing hair mousse and apply some (not too much otherwise you'll get too much product build up) to your roots before blow drying. Then blow dry your hair in the opposite way that you want it to lie and you'll have super volume!

Colour - coloring your hair actually adds volume to your hair as it causes the hair strands to swell. However be warned that coloring your hair too frequently can because damage. Also, adding highlights or lowlights stop your hair from being monochromatic, which can make hair appear flatter. Choose colors which will flatter your hair color and the color dimensions will create the illusion of lift and movement.8

Curl - Curly hair usually appears more volumized than straight hair, so invest in some curling irons, (or you can use flat irons if you know how), and curl your hair, make sure you curl the roots to add life there as well.

Back comb / tease - A quick and easy way of adding volume. Here is a useful YouTube video video on how to do this. It's not difficult to back comb or tease your hair. As long as you have hairspray and a good toothed comb, it will be fine

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Volumie shampoo/conditioner. Panteene has the best one I've used so far when it comes to volume. Also blow dry your hair outwards. Keep your hair healthy, don't dye it or stress it too much. When you do blow dry it, use a cold/warm heat but NOT a hot one. If your hair is healthy, it'll have more bounce. So if you had dead ends, get them trimmed off.

• John Freida Root Awakening root boost is awesome- it looks natural, smells good, and you just put it in wet hair, blow dry upside down, and voila.

• Change the part in your hair link

• Put layers in your hair?