How do I smile during the eye contact when it feels so awkward?

When I make eye contact with this guy it usually does not last too long, but I really want to let him know I find him attractive and think I should send him a smile. How do I do this when I feel so awkward and with the eye contact not lasting a looong time?

Most Helpful Girl

• When you wanna send a signal, you wanna hold eye contact a little longer than is comfortable, but not forever. Eye contact is intense: you can really tell a lot about someone's mood and world from their eyes. We all feel a little vulnerable and scared to have someone really looking. Vulnerability and fear are part of the road to intimacy: just don't overdo it.

And a smile doesn't have to be long and lingering with lots of eye contact to get the point across. Try smiling and holding eye contact until you feel uncomfortable, then just a few seconds longer. The whole staring into someone's eyes thing only comes when you really trust each other and have a history together.

What Guys Said 1

• be the first one to say, "hello" or say anything

What Girls Said 5

• You make eye contact, drop your eyes to his lips, then back up to his eyes... smile... then look away. We're talking 5 seconds & he'll know or at least start to wonder.

• lol I'm trying to build up the courage to smile at my crush too, its harder than it sounds lol-its strange how just smiling can be really tough to do because its something so natural that we do at random people all the time. I don't think there is an easy way, you just gotta brave up and do it-just think-your gonna make his day :)

• Omj, exactly how I feel. I try to smile and I end up, like, running out of the room. XD

• I have been trying to smile at him from 2 months or something ............but poor me, I couldn't have the courage to smile ...LOL

I do exactly the same as youandme3 ..LOL

• Well the easiest thing to do is to look then look down and smile while looking down. (that way you won't have to look into his eyes while smiling but at the same time he'll know you're interested.) Good luck!

Please try to answer my questions!

• just smile & look away.! it'll keep him thinkin.

^.^

• right wen you see him just start smiling. like I don't know try smiling before you look in his eyes