I'm a girl who can't apply makeup!

Hi!

I'm a girl in her 20s. I can't apply makeup, my friends have pointed out that I look like a whore when I do. They say I use the mascara wrong.

Also all my friends say I have a bad style and that I should change my style.

I feel ugly because of this and miserable. What do I do?

At one point I thought of myself as pretty, I even heard it from people,. but now I just feel plain UGLY!

:(

Most Helpful Girl

• YouTube has tons of makeup gurus. start there, that's how I learned about makeup. they have TONS of product reviews and tutorials and tons of people have blogs that may help you as well

i don't think you should wear makeup just because you feel ugly and miserable. you need to work on your self esteem. makeup won't change how you feel about your actual face and it won't change your face itself. it may give you some pimples if you're not careful though :)

i honestly don't know how you can use mascara the wrong way though.

What Guys Said 4

• Learn that make-up is supposed to accentuate your best features, not to mask your flaws. A little blush and some eye-liner can do wonders.

• get new friends. seriously; your friends should teach, not ridicule. on the other hand, I believe the less makeup the better. I'm sure you're very pretty without it :)

• We'll need to see you in order to see if they're right

• There are people who are specialized in applying makeup and so forth. Cosmeticians, or what they are called. You could either get to know one and learn from them, or my personal advice would be 'not using makeup at all' but that's not really helpful.

You probably are pretty, you should learn to like yourself with no makeup on though, because that's who you really are.

What Girls Said 5

• How about going to Dillard's and getting someone at the makeup department to help u? They help you pick things suited for you and can answer your questions...don't feel ugly...there's more to you than your looks, and I'm sure you're not that bad looking! lol Cheer up!

• YouTube is your friend. so is google. google your features and tips for accentuating them,and look up makeup tutorials. for style,you have blogs,i mean you could get magazines,but the internet is free. (for now)

• YouTube makeup teretorials. And find some new friends - they sound like bitches!

• Some great friends you have there..

• I am so sorry. Don't let people bring you down. With makeup, you can ask for help at Sephora or ask a friend who is good at makeup who won't just criticize you.