Why don't girls notice short men?

I'm 5'8 and if girls even look at me briefly they turn away within a second. Then if a guy 6+ tall guy comes along, even if he is ugly as f***, he gets a stare... What is wrong with women? A guy can be ugly as f*** and still get attractive girls if he is tall...

Looks wise, facially, I'm on the upper side of average...

With shoes on I am 5'9 though :P

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'9 so I feel less feminine around short men -

But holy f*** - the dude who's working with me for rehab ( he's an athletic training student,) is about 5'7 and he is f***ing sexy lol

I could get over my " less feminine " feeling quite rapidly if he ever were to be interested in me like that ha ha -

5'8 - 5'10 isn't really short - it's the average male height in America I believe.

I think the tall guys may get more attention - simply because they aren't the norm.

I see more guys who around 5' 9 - 5'11 than I do guys who are over 6 ft - so when you see this dude who's like 6'5 towering 7 or so inches over most the guys in the room - naturally that's what your gonna see.

Height is related to just being more physically intimidating I'm guessing - and girls have the whole security desire in guys so -

but the smokin hot guy helping me with rehab is also kinda buff - so that makes him even more attractive.

Height is like one of those traits that can be flexible so - don't stress about it.

• I admit, the 6'9 foot dude that goes to my school even catches my attention and I'm a totally straight guy.

• Ha ha yea - kind of hard to ignore a gigantic person making his way through the hallways :P

My best friend is almost 6ft, and the guys noticed her more usually because of that - she had the long legs and really pretty face as well. It was great being her shadow lol -_-

• Best answer

What Girls Said 9

• 5'8 is tall to me, I'm 5'1, When I think short, I think 5'4.

However, if a guy is not attractive, I won't stare, even if he is super tall. He gets my attention quicker, because he's the tallest guy in the room, but I don't necessarily want to go up and talk to him. However, If a guy is medium height, and good looking, of course I'll talk to him.

• Keep in mind too, that I'm short and stocky, muscular, so a bigger guy in general makes me feel more feminine. 5'8 is a good height. In general, the shorter the guy, and also the thinner the guy, the more bulky and unfeminine I feel.

• well I'm about 5'5-6 and growing (i'm on the taller side of average compared to my friends) so that's still tall to me,but when it comes to guys like 5'4 or under,i don't really discriminate them based on that,if you're hot,you're hot. it's just that a lot of girls like feeling protected,and having someone who's able to fight for them,which is ridiculous. if a girl dislikes you because you're short-she's not worth your attention.

• Well, maybe that ugly guy has something sweet about him like a nice smile. :) or he does something to actually catch their attention aside from being tall. That factor does help him to get the attention, but he has to do something to keep it. Sooo my suggestion would be for you to find a way to keep a girls gaze at you :D

• 5'8" isn't short, least not for me. I definitely stand below you. And I don't find your height unattractive. Hell, if you got a huge weiner to go with your so-called short stature who am I to complain!?

• What is your height...

• I'm around the five foot range

• I find most girls are around the 5'5 - 5'7 range...

• Haha I'm 5'3'', I don't consider 5'8'' short.

• Well most girls are at least 5'6 or 5'7 around here...

• That's not short? Ha I'm 5'8" and I tend to fall for shorter guys than me

• well I'm 5'2 so you are tall to me. maybe you're just more attracted to taller girls and you are noticing them being into taller guys and that's the issue? try looking at the petite girls instead.

• That's just the way it is son. The thinner girls get looked at before me too. And my face is above averge also.

• Maybe you're just attracted to tall girls? ha ha nah, I really don't think you have a short height. people must notice you but you just don't see it (:

What Guys Said 1

• Sorry

Can you speak up?

I am 6'5 and I can not hear you from up here...