Would you be uncomfortable if your boyfriend / girlfriend was hotter than you?

Like substantially hotter? Keeps getting hit on frequently, people make comments about how on earth you ended up with that person etc? I've heard it with some couples and I think it would get pretty degrading constantly hearing your not attractive enough to be with so and so...

Most Helpful Guy

• i used to think all of my girlfriends were hotter then me and they were only with me because they had pity for me. ( I used to really think that way, I'm not even kidding)

As I got older and matured, I learned that if one dates someone then they see something in them that makes them attracted and want to be with them , I learned this from my brother. So as time passed by, my girlfriends at the time would get jealous and insecure if I was talking to a female friend that was somewhat attractive, when I got the chance to ask why, they explained that I was way out of their league.

Each time I hear that, I'm baffled and confused, I don't ever think that, most of the time I'm thinking its the other way around, so to answer your question, it wouldn't bother me, as long as their personality is my preference then I would carry on as normal.

Couples need to learn and put past their insecurities, they are with you because they love you, not out of pity or second choice, they chose to be with you.

What Guys Said 5

• In my mind, I'm the most handsome man I know. That rubs off on the girls I talk with, even if it might not be true in actuality. With men, the way we carry what we have is far more important than what we actually have. With women, being confident in your own body is important, even if you are good looking, as being around insecure people doesn't make for the best long-term chances. You have to work to overcome insecurities, not pretend they don't exist.

• Women are supposed to be hotter than their counterpart. It is normal to see good looking girls with average or ugly guys. If the guy is better looking than the girl, statistically, he has a greater chance of leaving her because he would feel like he can do better. However, if you and your significant other are happy, other people's opinion should not matter.

• Yeah, I would feel a bit uncomfortable out in public but I don't really think I would feel that way when it was just us together.

• I don't find any men "hot" (except me of course) so I couldn't really.. compare, you know?

I can compare girls, which one is hotter, but if I should compare a guy and a girl then it's auto-win for a girl.

Also maybe it's cultural thing, but here girls are not expected to make the first move, guys are, so again - a girl of course gonna be hit on more often.

I wouldn't find this uncomfortable.. in fact I haven't been even trying to think such way before reading this question.

• No, I'd be pretty ff***ing stoked actually. People would look at me and think "How the hell does he have her on his arm? He must have a magic d*** or something."

And I'd feel pretty good about that.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm sure a little bit of insecurity would sneak in here and there but for the most part, I don't think I would be too uncomfortable. There's more to a person than just their looks, and anyone who would base assumptions that I don't "measure up" to him because of the substantial difference between our looks isn't someone whose opinion I would take to heart. There's different ways people can measure up, and even so; nothing's perfectly balanced in relationships so it's completely normal for differentiation on one or more levels, including physical appearance. I'm confident enough in myself that comments like that usually don't get to me, and at the end of the day out of any one person's opinion; it's what my guy think that really would matter to me and if he says he's happy with how I look, I'm going to believe him. If anything though, I'd probably just get a little frustrated that people continuously try to evaluate how well we "fit" together based on looks alone, but that's about it.

• I would be a bit paranoid at first, but would chill out the longer I was with them. I wouldn't worry about them cheating or being hit on. I would more think about, "is this guy for real?" Like a guy who is in way better shape than I am, I worry a tad before I sleep with him, because I wonder how I measure up.

• Yes because I am always insecure about myself and I would worry often time if he isn't with me.Probably I think that he might always get hit on by many girls.

• Yup because I'm way insucure so I would feel like he would leave me everyday.