Would you consider a?

I have scars on my knees and lower back which make me extrememely self-concious.

Im being admitted into day-surgery soon by a reconstructive surgeon to have them reduced.

do you believe scars in general are unattractive?

opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Answering this is just so hard...

Generally spoken I'd say that scars don't look too good, but that is just normal. Some scars do have 'character' and may even look 'good'.

All scars however have their story and they shouldn't be a thing to stand between two individuals - if that might be a thing you're scared of...

However it is very crucial that you yourself accept your scars, because if you don't like em, silly comments would depress you which wouldn't be a good thing at all. If you live with 'em, other people will see that you don't take them into consideration and so won't they, they'll look at you and not your scars.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Aw, I'm kind of fond of mine. They're battle badges, of sorts. For instance, I have one from a car accident, one from a childhood stupid moment, etc. It's like a road map of my daredevil-ness!

• I agree, they can be attractive and unattractive but they won't be a problem in any relationship worth your while XD

• I have a ton of scars && they don't bother me! I wouldn't mind if they weren't there either, but hey it is what it is. I like them because they give me something to tell people. Each scar has a story so to say. In general, I don't believe that scars are unattractive. Nobody is perfect so it doesn't really matter. If you are being admitted to have day-surgery by your reconstructive surgeon then that is fine. Most of my scars are on my knees. One actually reminds me of a brain haha. It happened because I fell off my bike. Then, I have two other scars on my other knee that are exactly the same, but from different bike accidents. I have some scars on my legs from wearing rainboots to a foam party && dancing too much! haha. Then, I have a small scar on my bicep that remains a mystery haha.

• You're under 18 try not to worry about them too much! I got scars all over my arms my legs my hips. Got a motorbike burn on my leg that is HUGE.. But hey it is what it is.. They do fade over time, I guess it depends.. What kind of scars do you have? Burns are the hardest to heal and strechmarks also. Also depends on how dark your skin is. You gotta love yourself though. Noone seems to even notice mine although they are huge

• I think it depends on where, how many and the severity of them. My neice has stretch marks on her upper arms due to weight loss. She's dark skinned, and they are severe. But she is so beautiful other than those marks... people don't notice them. She is very self conscience about it... and it shows in her personality.

It may take you a while... but learn to love your scars like badges of honor through life's ups and downs!

• To me it depends on the type of scar. Some scars naturally just look really fruity (cool, good,). They can make you look better. I rarely see scars that look ugly and gross. Scars don't make a person unattractive!