Girls: What is your blow dry/hair straightening routine?

Also what is your hair type and what products do you use?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have african American hair so when I do straighten or blow dry my hair. I tend to twist my hair the night before and make sure my hair is stretched and dried (so I don't have to blow dryer). Then I use a cantu shea butter --- repair leave-in conditioner and a heat protector and then I straighten my hair.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 10

• I have fine, curly hair link (the one on the left looks like mine).

I wash my hair with link TIGI Rockstar. I've had the same bottle for like... 7 months. Because my hair is so fine, it doesn't really need much shampoo.

I condition with Sebatian Light, but its expensive :/ haven't bought a new one in a long time lol. My hair needs a lot of conditioner because its medium length and curly, so its short on oils because I have to wash it often.

After I wash my hair, I sit for 20 minutes and wait for it to be a little damp, I don't towel dru. Then I I use got2be flat iron/blow dry lotion, blow dry it and iron it :p to finish it off, I use 'It's a 10' which is super awesome :)

• My hair is naturally curly/wavy. It's pretty versatile though. I can straighten it if the curls are misbehaving, or sometimes I'll blow dry the top layers, and then finger curl the rest so I get bouncy, wavy hair. I usually just wear it curly though. Much less work, haha, plus I usually like my curls! I get bored with straight hair. My hair's also really healthy because I rarely use heat on it, so that's a plus as well.

Basically though, it doesn't matter what *I* feel like doing with my hair. It decides what it wants to do, and then I have to try and make it work, haha

It's definitely got a mind of it's own. :-p

• My hair is thicker and doesn't need a ton of product, if any at all to stay healthy. It can air dry and be fine. But, I will usually put a protecting spray in it and let it air dry as I do my makeup and teeth, then after all that, I finish it off with a blow dry if it needs it. I don't always straighten it, sometimes I'm going for a bed head look.

• I have short, wavy hair, though with it being short, it will blow dry mostly straight. I use Argan oil on my hair after a shower to keep it shiny and to hold on to moisture, and blow dry it. If I am feeling fancy, I'll use a small flat iron to add a curl or a pop here or a smoothness here or there, but I usually don't have the time for this.

• I have thick brown//black wavy//curly hair, not long but a few inches past my shoulders. I use herbal essences shampoo and conditioner and it's amazing for my hair. Lol, when I straighten it I use this heat damage proetection spray, supposed to not completely burn out your hair and it leaves my hair smelling like candy, mm-mm

• I have long, thick, Indian hair kinda like this: link link

It's super heavy, but easy to maintain. I use natural shamp & conditioner that isn't tested on animals. It smells awesomeee :) After washing it I usually just let it air dry. It I brush it it'll go straight, otherwise it has a gentle wave.

If I'm heat styling my hair I'll put a heat protectant spray in and a split ends serum on the ends. I usually just tip my head upside down and blow dry it, then run a straightener/curling tongs through it.

That's about it.

• I don't know what my hair type is, probably wavy. It used to be really thick, but not so much anymore. I don't usually blow dry my hair unless I need to go somewhere right away. I use heat protectant now, because my hair is frying haha. and then I either straighten it or curl it. Then I use some kind of clear serum, that makes my hair not so frizzy and fried.

• I have thin hair. they are straight, but their ends are wavy so I use flat iron. sometimes I curl them. I use link this shampoo and sometimes conditioner. I don't use styling products and hair dye, I want healthy hair.

• I put Hana shine shield in my hair (damp)...let my hair air dry then if I straighten it I put a heat protectant spray in my hair and flat iron it

• I have african American hair, and I use Organic Root Stimulator Products and Garnier Fructis.