How do you feel about permanently straightened hair?

Guys would it be a deal breaker if you found out your girlfriend had naturally curly hair but gets her hair permanently straightened? I mean, her hair would be straight and silky but if you have kids they might have curly hair lol

girls have you ever had it done? is it damaging?

permanent being the Japanese thermal straightening, not relaxers

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I don't choose my partner based on hairtype. Not that important.. ^^

• i know guys don't ^_^ but I know curly hair is considered least attractive and straighter hair would add to the overall attractiveness of me

• according to what I have read on here and heard guys say it's just not as attractive. I'm OK with that but I have been thinking about permanent hair straightening for about 2 years now.

• Well it's your choice of course. ^^

What Guys Said 1

• It wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me, but I'd ask her to leave it curly. I love curly hair. But it's her choice.

What Girls Said 4

• i used to use chemicals, now I just heat straighten it. most guys don't care as long as it looks good. all permanent straighteners damage your hair really, because it the chemicals have to break down the curly protein bonds to straighten it. this is damage intrinsically. but it doesn't always have to look damaged if you take care of it and use the right products.

oh I just realized you werent talking about relaxers...well I'm sure the same applies

• yea its damages. My friend does it now she is regretting it since people found out she had curly hair and were like omg that would look so cute on you.

• i don't think the care.

i have keratin in my hair, I never had japanese done. but the keratin is really more of a relaxer, my hair is still wavy with it, it is just easier to deal with

• It's completely up to you, but coming from a girl who has straight hair (and would have to sound hourrrsss curling it to make it look even slightly curly), I love curly hair! I'm always jealous of girls that have perfect spirals