What do you think of belly button and tongue piercings?

I had my bellybutton pierced before I got pregnant and I had to take it out because even with maternity rings it was too painful. Anyway I have a huge scar where the piercing was so I want to get it re pierced just to conceal the scar...it looks like its still open like the hole where the piercing used to be but its healed over inside. Anyway my best friend said that bellybutton ring like tongue rings are really trashy and not stylish anymore kinda like tribal arm band tattoos...what do Y'all think?

I don't want a tongue piercing, just asking if a bellybutton piercing carries the same social stigma as a tongue piercing

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't stand the taste of metal in my mouth. Skip the mouth hardware.

Bellybutton rings look hot, belly chains even hotter.

• so this lady had a belly chain - at a water park. it looked pretty and exotic and whatev, but then I saw her walking later, with a bad tear on her stomach. Some little kid had snagged their foot on it while she was swimming -_-

I'm just wondering not - when and where could a girl wear a visible belly chain and it's appropriate. Obviously it's a hazard in a bikinin lol - can't think of anywhere else she'd wear one :P

• Oh yea - she was crying pretty good. But I'm like seriously lady? You wore that long ass chain to a place where your getting on water rides, people all around you, lots of things to I don't know - snag it.

Oy lol

• Common sense came to her when the water turned red.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't like them. Rings, and piercings are meant to go on your ears, and nowhere else in my opinion. They just look weird anywhere else.

• First of all, tongue piercing were originaly for sucking d***. So when ever I see a girl with one in public, I think she is a whore.

As for bellybutton rings, I think they are completely pointless. nobody is going to see it unless your shirt is far too short, which again, I will think you are a whore, that is if you're out in public with a skimpy shirt.

Bottom line. Both look whorish, and tasteless. Go for a nose ring, lip ring, eye brow piercing.

• I don't really like either, I mean on a hygienic level alone tongue piercings aren't very sanitary, they allow for microbes to congregate the area surrounding the piercing and many become infected. It's also not good for your health to have a piece of metal permanently in your mouth, I know you can take it out, but I see a tongue piercing as more of a mutilation than an artsy or rebel thing to do. Whatever floats your boat though, it's your body :)

• as a guy I think that tongue rings are just retarted, belly rings are f***n sexy as hell

• Well I think you can look hot both with and without. If you want it, do it and don't listen to what other people tell you. ^^

• Definetely not belly button rings are considered sexy and hot.

• I think both look great. Wait, both still scary social stigma? It's 2012, not 1992. Even in the late 90s both had become largely accepted (I remember a teacher saying she wanted a belly button piercing). And it's not like I live in a progressive area, either, I live in a rust belt redneck kinda area. So that's why it surprised me a bit.

What Girls Said 6

• Tongue piercings have a reputation for being in the mouths of slutty people.

Just a heads up.

Belly piercings are seen more as being kinda exotic and attractive - if she has the body for it.

I mean - I've seen chubby girls with belly rings, and they were wearing tube top like shirts - uh yea, not cute. Not even remotely. -_-

But they aren't seen as negative as tongue piercings.

I'm going to get mine done probably over the summer and get a tattoo :D

I say you should re - pierce it if you really want.

• i like tongue piercings I don't see anything wrong with them. Belly button rings look good on some people but if their bully button is too small it looks odd

• I love piercings & tattoos in general. I had my belly pierced, but after a year I took it off because it bothers me when I workout/ do really physical things.I think that in the past, tongue piercings were seen as trashy or maybe even slutty but now a days who gives a crap...I certainly don't lol. Just make sure you know what your getting into as far as dental issues. As long as you take care of it & your teeth, go for it!

• Belly button rings all the way. Ehh...not a big fan of tongue rings though. They don't look very sanitary to me.

• Belly utton piercing is cute

Tongue piercing yuckk

• I have my belly button pierced. I wouldn't have my tongue pierced.