What do you think of girls who like the 1950s?

What do you think of girls who like the Classic Hollywood era? Who would sometimes try to emulate the 1940 look for fun?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that dressing in the clothes or wearing the various styles of that time is cute. The hair styles were very pretty and the clothes looked good.

• Me too, but it's so hard to find nice vintage dresses and the hairstyles are so difficult to maintain...sigh

• Yeah it's a miracle that they got anything done with those pins haha. Sucks it is hard to find good dresses from that time but when you do find one ah it's a great moment. The elegance is breathtaking.

What Guys Said 5

• Wow this is super old, but I had a similar question just the opposite way. Anyway I think girls who like that time period are awesome, but rare. People actually took pride in the way they looked, those classic styles will last a lifetime. Definitely need more girls like that around here, don't change.

• ah I remember the 50's when the "colored" folk were kept separate from us "pure" folk.

when husbands could beat their wives in the privacy of one's home and where community meant more.

i remember the days when the gays were left astray.

simpler times back then.

• o.O when the internet didn't exist

• I never said the 1950s are better;I just happen to like the fashion of that time

• Old fashioned,Girl out of time,Vintage fetish

• I like that girls in the 1940's and 1950's kept all their pubic hair and didn't shave it all off like the "norm" today.

• If you like the style of the 50's (girls weren't allowed to wear pants) then that's your thing. Go ahead! However, beware of feminists

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's pretty sexy.

• I am that girl. lol

• And I'm quite jealous of you! Where do you usually buy clothes? Do you actually wear your hair and makeup like that at school?

• I like to shop around at the second hand/ vintage clothing stores for unique items. Unfortunately I can't wear pretty dresses everyday because of damn cold winter. and its hard to find a good pair of high waisted cigarette pants but I try to keep up my look by wearing pin curls at night but I keep my makeup natural at school. other than that I shop online at the links below, or at zara, and h&m

link

link

• wow. thanks so much for the links! (: really helpful

• yeah go for it!

• That's pretty cool. :)