Trimming your own bangs?

I just got side swept bangs two weeks ago. I notice they already got slightly longer so in a few weeks I will probably need to trim them. I can't afford to get a haircut so often and I don't want to cut my hair so often.

Do you trim your own bangs? How often do you need to? Do you trim them wet or dry?

And what do you think of side swept bangs?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sideswept bags are awesome.. and look cute and nice on pretty much any face :)

I do cut my own hair .. one ever 3 months or something .. I don't really care about having my haircut perfect all the time , I had mid length straight hair with some shorter bangs , but that's all .. I am never desperate to cut them if they get longer, I actually didn't cut mine from like half a year or even more lol :D

When I do it .. I don't wet my hair.. I just grab a small scissors and take tiny chunks and trim them.. It doesn't take too much time to get used to the technique so you can just exercise on your longer hair.. and once you get used to it .. get to the bangs :) You can YouTube some videos if you want ..

What Guys Said 1

• I trim my own pubes.

What Girls Said 5

• it's not too hard to do it yourself, though I'm no sure how to advise you on it... but, just so you know, most hair places will do bang trims for just a couple of bucks.

• First go on YouTube and search on cutting your bangs I'm sure you can find the right tutorial. Cutting the hair when wet is tricky just because when Ur hair is wet it's longer and then when it's dry it shrinks up. So if it's Ur first time cutting Ur hair do it dry. Get some hair shears don't use any scissors . Trim then as often as you think you should. hair grows at different times.

• I like them, since I have them haha. I cut my own bangs, I haven't gotten a hair cut since March LOL. anyways, I trim my dry. Also, with mine when I flat iron them, I kinda curl them in a bit, so the ends don't show .. If that makes sense haha. I just cut on an angle, from the shortest part to the longest. Don't cut too much at a time, just go little by little. It's really easy.

• Side swept- cutee

Do I cut my own? Never, I'd probably cut them horribly lol

How often? Hmm every couple months, I'm letting mine grow now though

Cut dry or wet? Wet, easier to trim and get the correct length

• i useto do mine all the time I looked up this vid for you because this is what I normally do hope it helps hun ! :)

.. link