Does height truly matter?

My last girlfriend complained every once in a while about being the same heights. She couldn't wear high heels for our dance pictures and such.

I usually got offended and ended resenting my smaller height..

I currently reach 5'6"-7"

I once dated a girl 4 inches taller than me, ahahaha. Basketball player.

My question is this though, does height really matter?

Or should I get some bone surgery to make myself taller, lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hear this question so often. And I will answer it in the same way I always have. I am 5'11. I have been with two guys who are shorter, (5'7 and 5'9) and I have gone on a few dates with shorter guys and I also dated a boy the same height. To me, and to many other women, height does not matter. It does not have a role in if you like some one. You are in high school though, and a lot of girls in high school are shallow because they are worried about what others think.

My current boyfriend is 6'1. I am taller than him in heels. He says, "As long as you feel beautiful, I don't care how much taller your heels make you" He takes me out and shows me off to everyone when I am in my heels. Granted he is 23 and I am 19, so we are done with caring what people think about that kind of thing.

For now, it sucks, yes, but HEIGHT DOES NOT MATTER. And if any girl says it does, she is shallow and she is looking for the wrong things in a relationship. Granted I would PREFER a guy the same height and me or taller, but that doesn't mean that I am not attracted to shorter men and I would not date shorter men.

You are a boy, you will be getting taller all the time and into your 20s, so don't worry too much about it. I know it's hard being in high school, but it is okay. Forget the ex and find some one better. <3 Hope this helps.

What Girls Said 9

• I like a guy who is my height and if I wore heels it wouldn't bother me as long as it didn't bother him. No big deal.

• You shouldn't change yourself for anyone, if they don't love you the way you are then screw what they think.

• umm I like taller guys.. that's just me.. but there's tons of short girls out there.. just because u're not tall doesn't mean u're not gonna find your girl.. don't worry about your height..

• Nope it doesn't bug me

• Nope...there are way more important qualities than that! :)

• She shouldn't be worried about what you look like, she should be worried about how you treat her. Besides, short guys are usually hotter :D

• nope , I wish I were taller tho.

But height doesn't matter to me , although I can't really say anything because ALL guys I've ever met are taller than me lol

• personally I don't care about height... I have had a crush on a midget b4...

• She's probably too insecure..don't worry about her I like tall dudes

What Guys Said 3

• A girl I work with is about 5'9", and she's dating a guy who's shorter than her. And, although she likes him, she can't get over the height difference. It bugs her.

I think most girls do have a height preference. They want their men to be taller than them. So in all honesty, your best bet is to find girls smaller than you.

However, you can still try and date girls who are taller than you. Try them out, because you never know, you might find a 5'10" girl who might just like you anyway, despite how bigger she is. This other girl I know has a boyfriend who's shorter than she is, and she told me that she liked him for the fact that he was more agressive and dominant. In other words, he showed some physical agression and perhaps she was attracted to the fact that he was a masculine sort that just didn't fair too well with his height.

• Height matters. Be happy with what you have.

• I totally get you. As a teenager myself I constantly hear my friends say they prefer "tall and lean" and it's one of the first things out of their mouth when they describe the "perfect guy." Makes a 5'6" guy feel kind of inadequate.

From what I've collected, though is what these girls that have answered are saying. That it is a preference, but ultimately if you have enough confidence and charm you'll be successful. My ex girlfriend was 5'9" and she was too insecure about her own height than to think of mine, I think.

I can think of a good friend of mine who's about 5'4" who's said himself he enjoys being a little guy. And all my female friends say he's attractive because he owns it. He's loaded with confidence, and is just an overall great guy. I'm working on owning it myself, but I just wanted to let you know that I hear ya, buddy.