What's the best way to take care of a new piercing?

i just got my nose pierced, and I've been following what they told me to do, but it doesn't seem to be working, right now I use unscented anti bacterial soap and water to clean it. is that enough?

Most Helpful Guy

• Provided I don't have a nose piercing but I do have 2 lip piercings I can only assume the healing possess is the same.

They do recommend you to clean your wound about 2 times a day morning and night when you've just got it and then you can go down to just morning everyday.

However as I did my first lip piercing I got terribly annoyed by the scab (really scab, had to double check that word lol.)

Anyway it forms around the wound and dries up and can be quite annoying if anything it constantly stings when the piercing move so what I did was that I removed the scab like 3-5 times a day. Which means I cleaned it 3-5 times a day.

I kept doing this mostly to get rid of the stingy annoyance but it also kept it really clean obviously and they've both healed up nicely and I never had any infection in either one of them.

I cleaned them both by only using Saline.

What Guys Said 1

• Sea salt + water. Works the best. Trust me, I have extensive piercing experience. Also put a little neosporin on it after you take a shower.

Do NOT use alcohol, it will dry up the skin and irritate the piercing.

What Girls Said 4

• Salt water and tea tree oil.

That's what all my friends use when they have piercings, and what they guy recommends. None of them have had any real trouble with infection.

• I have my nose pierced too. Don't obsess about it, just clean it well each morning with anti bacterial soap or you can use cream to prevent infections. Just don't take out your piercing for a good 3 weeks until its completely healed because that will because infections and make your piercing heal and close the piercing hole.

• I have a belly button piercing and it is always getting infected..

I think that's normal because everyone I know this happens too.

I put neosporin and that helps it lots.

• i thought they give you a special ointment with a new piercing. when I got my ears pierced they gave me a special cleanser for free. now I just clean my earrings with alcohol

• ear lobe piercings are different then cartalige piercings, they can't have the same after care.