How can I be confident when I am short?

I am 5'6 and I am quiet insecure about my height, I unfortunatelly cannot do anything about it. And I always see girls saying that they "prefer" a tall guy over any other man, which makes me inscecure and living in a place where most people are tall, being short just seems really odd and unattractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Confidence is so hard to gain, especially if you were born 'different' from the people around you. If you can manage to muster up some confidence, even if it's fake at first, you will find a girl that prefers YOU.

My boyfriend was the quiet nerdy kid in school, but he managed to gain some level of self-confidence. He's also 5'6ish and I'm 5'7ish. You just need to find the girl that will appreciate you for yourself and appreciate that more than your height. Though we do get some odd stares and comments, we don't care, because we care more about each other than the thoughts of people around us.

What Girls Said 7

• I meet a guy and had some serious chemistry I didn't see height,age or race! It bothers me when a girl says height matters @ least 6 feet something. I am 5'6" and he went out of his way not to walk next to me @ all. He always say be right back, I'll meet you @ the car! And there he was @ the car before me. At first I took it personally. But I watched and read his body language, he looked so confident but real he was very insecure! I wouldn't really worry about it, if a girl likes you she is not thinking about your height! Unless your insecurities are written on your face! Then she probably has it in her head and wants to tell you it doesn't matter. But that can be tricky subject! :-)

• Don't worry about it. It's cute and we care about your face/personality more than your height. Own it! My crush is that height and I am like 5"7 and it's so cute to me, I feel more confident in his presence haha

• It's unfortunate that you are surrounded by taller people because it makes you feel inadequate . But what's considered tall is only relative to the individual. I'm 5"1, at best, so 5'6 is tall to me

• 5'6" isn't horribly short. I answered another question here where I said my ex was 5'7" and I'm 5'5" and it didn't bother me in the least.

Personality usually wins over anything else whether you're tall, short, or attractive or not.

So with that said, if you want girls to notice you -

Dress for success and stand out: Make sure you always have up to date styles and make a point to look good all the time. Hair included.

Compliments: Compliment girls you know and see. (Just don't be creepy about it)

Get out there: If you act like your height bothers you, it will. Try not to let it consume you.

Look around: There are plenty of guys your height out there with hot girls.

• i am 5'3 and I have never had an attraction to guys that were very tall. I like guys to be taller than me, but I don't find tall very attractive. my last boyfriend of 2 years was about 5'6 and I thought he was the sexiest creature ever. he was a little chubby, had a mole on his chin, and his nose had a bit of a bump on it, but hey, they say love is blind.

anyways, heighth doesn't matter much to me. heighth is a minor detail when it comes to guys (:

• What happened to girls 5'6 and shorter?

• Any woman who gives a sh*t about your height isn't worth your time! Think of it as an easy way to curb out the superficial bitches. You need to get some confidence-it's very important. I know this sounds a bit retarded but hear me out. You have to love yourself and accept yourself for who you are. If you don't love yourself, how are you supposed to love someone else?

What Guys Said 3

• Being shorter is a deal-breaker for some women, but not all. There's a friend of mine that is about your same height, but has no problem with the ladies. His sense of humor is very sharp. I've found that many male comedians aren't all that tall. If you make up for your height in another area, especially humor, girls that can laugh aren't so quick to pull out the measuring tape.

For instance, my shorter friend has a shaved head. He'll always walk up to girls and tell them, hey, no rubbing crystal ball while pointing to his noggin. The only thing girls really get turned off more by shorter heights is shorter guys that feel sorry for themselves. I know you can't "just get over it", but you have to compensate through a warm personality to help project a better image to a girl's mind. Hopefully this helps.

• I'm 5'6. When I walk around, people look.

I'm excessively confident. I walk through halls like I own the place if I know them, and like an equal to their owner if I don't. Girls giggle when I'm near, and they're not mocking me. I know who I am and what I am. I'm vane and cocky. In college, there is an entire class - an ENTIRE CLASS - the whole Beauty class, all female, glamourous and very high-maintanence, who think I'm cool.

Well, bar my cousin. And she's how I know that. But come on, man. How many f***ing six-foot-thirty f***ers have you met who can confidently and empirically say that an entire class of girls fancies them? Even just a little. Come on. That sh*t doesn't happen. And it follows me everything, the cacophonic sex. I exude it.

You know why? I have this, like, rockstar aura. I look a little strange, maybe, I certainly don't dress like anyone else in this country. I have a presence. I know who I am and where I'm going. I don't try and validate my confidence, and my confidence doesn't come across in terms of flirtation or forcing myself on some girl - girls aren't even part of it, they're just a happy boon. When I do flirt it's effortless, easy, and unimportant.

And look at me. I'm a longhair, I'm odd as f***, I'm short, I weigh little over 100 pounds, which makes me frail and weak, I'm submissive, which means beta, and I'm sly.

You might choose not to believe me, think I'm deluded, or something. Or that I have an inflated self-image, but I promise you, it's true. I got here by hard work. Honestly, hard work. I call it magic, but you won't understand what I mean. But it's a form of magic. Alchemy, specifically, and other magical tools used to affect the Inner Vision. But that's mumbo jumbo, lollapalooza talk. This is the lesson my mentor gave me, it became how I think, and it's the reason I have such power, and it is a power;

'You want to know how to be a rockstar? Just BE a rockstar.' Following; 'You analyse, what is a rockstar? What does qualities does he have? Does he have millions? Not necessarily. Is he world famous? Not necessarily. What is the Rockstar attitude?'

I worked that out for myself, and embodied it. I'm a Rockstar, man. A f***ing Rockstar. And that's an image that draws attention; the sex and destruction follows it, and it follows me, it's not a myth.

So, what do you want? Girls?

The problem is, if you just want to impress girls, you probably won't get very far. It's a total upheaval of your inner vision, to just be something. You need to put a lot of effort into it. To me, it's not just the girls, it's the way everyone reacts. I love how people treat me, I love the sneers and the glances and the surprise. I love that. You know I've actually had people ask me for my autograph? Genuinely, people have approached me in the street and asked for an autograph, or took pictures with me. They don't even know who I am - and I'm nobody! It's amazing. And you can apply that procedure to any end you wish to accomplish

• best confidence tactic ever...walking with perfect posture. try in the mall...it will work wonders (downside- it mostly attracts HS girls).

• If you consider that a downside [snicker]

I heard another similar one though; walk about 15% faster, makes you seem more confident. I don't like walking fast though, but it makes sense