Is this normal? do you have similar experience?

I was born with light blue eyes and during years they changed their color. they are dark green now and 2 months ago I noticed brown marks. are they changing their color again? is this normal? my boyfriend noticed the same thing today.

I find it weird because we haven't combination brown eyes/brown hair in our family. also we haven't brown eyes in our family. are they my real family?

Most Helpful Guy

• The exact same thing happened to me, I had blue eyes till I was about 10, then they turned green, now they are fully green. It's really funny you ask this today. As a matter of fact last night I read some fascinating articles about it. They believe all eyes start out as blue. Some study called iridology (some people call it bs) states that our eyes turn green due to a more acidic body which basically puts a yellow layer over your iris. In order to have blue eyes your body would need to be more alkaline. Apparently eating a diet with loads of fruit and veg (70% / 30% fruit + veg / meat ratio) for a year or so can turn them blue again. Some people swear by it. I'm thinking of trying it to see for myself.

As for the brown spots, I found a video which attempts to explain them (sounds a bit cheesy to me) in what is called Bio-Optic Holography. They won't let me link here till I'm level 4 but I'll attempt to link you a vid, you will have to type it in your browser. www(dot)veoh(dot)com/watch/v6391292ZjW4M8y5

Interesting stuff but I the vid sounds a bit far fetched to me, you be the judge though.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah that's normal I think. My dad used to have light blue eyes and now they are grey. But they change to different shades of blue and grey all the time. I have a mixed heritage and was born with blue colored eyes but they got darker with time.

• Hormones and melanin changes results in color changes.

• Nope just a regular common brown-eye person here ha ha :D

• It's normal for blue eyes to change color.

What Girls Said 4

• Uncommon but its normal. A lot of people tend to change eye color throughout their lives, just like how hair color can change naturally.

• I'd assume that's just like hair color changing, which is totally normal and common.

• I was born with blond hair and blue eyes. As I was growing up, they gradually got darker and now I have brown hair and brown eyes. So I think it's pretty normal.

• and have you parents with brown hair/eyes?

• My dad has blue eyes and brown hair. He had blond hair as a child though. And my mom has always had hazel eyes and brown hair.

• I was born with light skin, dark brown hair. Now my skin is dark and my hair is jet black. People change with time, perfectly normal. This is probably very common in your genes.