I understand preference but?

I understand preference, people like what they like. But in this country that is becoming more diverse in food,music,style,friendships..Etc. Shouldn't beauty be just as diverse. I feel like America is stuck in this Marilyn Monroe period where Blondie hair,blue eyes,and ivory skin is the beauty standard. What about other cultures that doesn't fit that description. Most of the world is yellow and brown people and white people are becoming the minority in America so shouldn't the standard of beauty change favoring people of darker complexion. If god only wanted white people to be considered beautiful why didn't he just make everyone white? Why have such a variety of looks if only one look is going to be appreciated? Its really easy for white people to beat out another race when it comes to beauty because the beauty standard leans towards European looks because it was created by Europeans. If white people wouldn't have created this white washed standard of beauty don't you think that beauty would be more diverse and a people would be considered beautiful period and not beautiful for them to be that particular race. According to European standards Gisele BunChen would be better then tyra banx, miranda kerr would be better than jessica white, heidi klum would be better than oluchi onweagba, and megan fox would be better than kenya moore. but why should this be? I feel we shouldn't compare races to each other because since non European looks are so different then European looks its not really fair to compare them. what do you think about this topic?

anymore views on this topic
anymore views?

Most Helpful Guy

• I respectfully disagree with you. First off, I don't believe in "God" and don't believe an omnipotent being created mankind. I think that posts such as yours are just another way to keep racial differences in the forefront rather than letting them fade away. Caucasians are not becoming the minority in America. However, America is a very diverse place, which is a great aspect of the country. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and while the mass media machine may present an image of beauty based on the stereotype you suggested, if you ask an average guy his opinion it will probably be different. If you don't like what is in the media, it is easy to ignore. Personally, I find beauty in all ethnic backgrounds and greatly prefer brunettes and reds over blondes. Your post is kind of an oxymoron. You acknowledge that people have a choice and a preference, but complain that the preference may not be in your favor. Life is about much more than the endless pursuit of vanity and if you can't see that, I pity you.

• i didn't say whites are a minority I said they are becoming. its a fact that eventually whites will be the minority in America. and I'm not complaining about anything. I'm just making a statement and vanity is important when you are a woman because a women is valued by her beauty. yeah inner beauty matters but lets be honest a ugly girl can be as nice as can be but nobody will care.

• Only time will tell what the numbers of members of different ethnic groups will be and what does it really matter? We are all human and until we get past segregating each other, these issues will persist. Vanity is only important if you place value on it. You have a choice.

By the way... you're gorgeous.

• i guess...

and thanx

What Guys Said 14

• Black women are the most beautiful version God made. I just noticed this glaringly obvious reality about 15 years ago. Usually when I notice something of this nature it takes 10 to 20 years for everyone else to catch up, so things should be set straight before ya know it.

• God never wanted any race to be the "standard of beauty" and no race should be, I think every countries should be mixed to give all some degree of "flavour" but you're idea is a little flawed. No one race sbould be promoted more then any other when it comes to beauty or were gonna be at sqaure one again... you'll probably find someone else of another race asking the same question if that was the case.

Ironically, Europe doesn't promote a "European standard of beauty", this generally only comes from US media with nothing from within Europe itself promoting it. I don't generally see or hear any type of insecurities about not being white here and I don't believe anyone should feel more attractive based on their race alone.

I think the "minority" will keep switching. I don't think whites in the US are anywhere remotely close to becoming a minority there or soon to be... I mean arn't they roughly 85% of the country? Generally the more educated an individual becomes, the less kids they tend to have in favour of adopting more of a career. It's the same way with all countries with the minorities generally having the most kids.

Anyway... if some individuals are too idiotic to form their own opinions on what they're attracted to and need the box in the corner to tell them what to do then that's their fault. Only focus on the ones that can look past that

• Besides the fact that off all you're examples... I am not generally attracted to models as a general rule but of them all I would of picked Kenya Moore and I view black women as VERY attractive

• Well put.

• I for one am attracted to looks and not just not to skin or hair color. ..
    I want to put a particular notion out there to bed once and for all..Not all men are attracted to women with blond hair,blue eyes and ivory skin..I have always been attracted more to women with a darker complexion..And I get annoyed when blond women adorn our screens as a means of attracting a male audience because essentially I'm being told what type of woman I am supposed to like
    WRONG!
    Along with the stupid notion that all blond women are bimbo's, it also makes men look like they don't have the ability to think for themselves and that they just might be attracted to bright intelligent women, whatever race or color they are...
    So are far as I am concerned from a European's point of view,I am attracted to the person not the perception

• Beauty is diverse in this country. A lot of people think that other races are beautiful, but they may find people with their own features to be the best,(example, you). I think most people Identify themselves( their race,culture, family etc) with beauty so they think the prettiest people look like themselves. If a race has the biggest population in a country, then the standard of beauty to them will probably be their own. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, some think that their race is the prettiest, some think that other races other than their own are the prettiest, who's to say that they are wrong, it's their "opinion".

• i guess you have a point

but like said this country is becoming diverse in everything else..why not beauty?

• Oh god, copy-paste much?
    I've seen this question few days before but didn't even bother to answer it, but right now.. I feel an urge to speak through sheer honesty.

White women look better than black women. Period.
    Like it or not - it's your problem. If you got issues - deal with them.

And why you're making such a huge rant if you began with "I understand preference"?
    If you really understand what means preference you won't make rants.

• This is a rant not a question...

• did you not see the last sentence

if you are not interested in the question don't comment on it

• white people deem white as being most attractive

i don't think god would make one race better then the rest

• right, I'm sure if you asked people of diffrent races they would say their own is the most attractive by white people are 75% of Americas population so what do you expect?

• Hey, they do what they want to do. You would figure that it's obvious to them that they care so much about their own women especially when you watch VH1 when they show things like 100 top Models or Celebrities. Your wrong about Whites being the minority here though, even if you add all the minorities in this country our population doesn't beat their numbers. Honestly If I were you I just wouldn't care, let people be close-minded that's what preference is all about.

• eventually whites will become the minority is what I'm saying

and yeah you may be right...

• You'll generally get all your answers within 12-16 hours, sucks? I know.

• I am not sure what standard you are referring to...what about Vanessa Williams? There are quite a few black females who have won beauty contests. I like to look at beautiful females no matter what her skin color..but females of all races are going to have unattractive features...Not sure about standards for models and contests...I have no standards as such...either I find females attractive or not...it is not based on skin color..more about facial features...(:

• Id like you to sum up that novel into about 2 sentences so I know what your question is

• i did...the last sentence is "what do you think about this topic"

• What topic. All I read was a rambling of black white America Europe blah blah

• its not rambling if you are actually talking about something and just because you may not understand what I am talking about doesn't make it rambling

• As I've stated before. Are you looking for a certain answer or something?

• no I had posted it too late and I didn't get a lot of of answers so I am posting it agian is all.

• Are you attracted to white guys but you think a lot of them do not feel the same way? Or are you under the notion that black guys are all running towards white women? Or something else like that or nothing like that? Just curious

• all of that

but I wasn't thinking about those things when I typed this

• stop fighting the machine and embrace the European beauty. Wouldn't you rather have sex with a man that has blond hair and blue eyes. Don't fight us, we whites are the most attractive. Instead of fighting me, have sex with me.

• You have a point but here are the fundamental mistakes you made

-Bringing God into this

-Thinking that people care about the standards of beauty shown in Hollywood movies.

It's no surprise to anyone that America Favors White people in the media. With the exception of uncommon situations in order to not make it obvious. The message is clear, "White is superior". A lot of people who use this site fall into the same category of people who don't get out much, don't travel much and watch a whole lot of movies so you will get a lot of biased opinions on this site.

• I do think gisele bunchen is better looking than tyra banks. You can't fight against the machine, you just have to embrace it.

What Girls Said 8

• Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not a lesbian or anything, but you are a GORGEOUS girl. It doesn't matter if your skin is not as white and ivory as Marilyn Monroe (personally, I adore her) or you don't have those colored eyes. But you have this other type of element of beauty that isn't even in the same category as her. And this also applies to other girls of other races. And I am sure many guys would agree with me... or maybe it's just me and believe that beauty is universal.

• so is it fair to compare beautiful women of other races to white women knowing that the looks are so different?

• IMO, no. It's not that I believe one race's beauty is superior than others. It's because every race has certain features that make them exotic and uniquely beautiful.

• I guess if you are trying to fit into mainstream white people you will never win. But every ethnic group has their own beauty standards and hot girls, it's just that whites are in the majority of America and run hollywood so of course you are going to see white girls as the standard of beauty. I don't have a problem with that because not everyone follows European standards.

for the record I know more guys who talk about Tyra Banks, Draya and Bria myles than they do heidi klum and gisele

• I think you should come live in london.. :)

• why is that?

• Everything is so much more diverse, everyone is seen as beautiful and girls with blond hair and blue eyes aren't the centre of attention... Brunettes are :-)

• Why do you keep bringing up white women? Are you trying to compete with them for men?

• no I don't this is my first question and its not about white women...if you got that from this you didn't read it right

• Did you take this entire question from someone else?

• i don't know where you are from but I do not see a trend of men only liking white blond blue eyed women...

• Didn't you already ask this question?...

• I agree with you 100 percent. The reason why the European look is more preferable is because the white washed mentality is still around. I mean, have you seen what Beyonce is doing to her skin? This all makes me sad.

• right.

but I don't think beyonce is bleaching her skin I think people are bleaching her skin in photos but what piss me off is when men say she is the only hot black chick. well one no she isn't and two she is like the whitest looking black woman on TV these days. is that why men like her?

• yep that's what they are saying

idk what she is doing

i know is is part creole but she is mostly black her father is black and her mother is part black, french and native American. but she is the same skin complextion as her sister and have the same hair too.

• Yes, creole is a nationality and not a race. Beyonce is more than 75 percent black, and as the identity of a black woman. She is not considered mixed race, if she was then we all would be being that no one is pure anything.