Should I let a neurosurgeon pierce my belly button?

I have always wanted to get my belly button pierced since I was 15. I think am ready now.

I want my friend to pierce my belly button. He is a neurosurgeon and not a piercer of course!

Do you think a surgeon can do it as good as a professional piercer does?

Most Helpful Guy

• By profession, the neurosurgeon is least likely to make mistakes.

Given the fact that one tiny mistake will render you deaf/blind/vegetable/superhuman/tasteless/amnesia/no-energy/etc/etc. It pays to be careful.

What Guys Said 5

• Get a damn piercer to do it. While I'm sure your friend has steady hands, he does not know about where to place the piercing to minimize rejection, may not have the curved needle they'd use to pierce with (or the clamps), and frankly as a neurosurgeon likely deals with people who have already been anesthetization, rather then quickly and cleanly putting a needle through someone with feeling.

• Its basically like you would let a car engineer change your back lights. Maybe he would do it good maybe not. Its not like he has experience doing it, but then again maybe to him its so easy that he would do it as good as a piercer. If I had to choose though I would rather let an experienced piercer do it. Since piercing stomachs is not something neurosurgeons do on a daily basis.

• I'm willing to wager a good $100 Benjamin that any neurosurgeon has better coordination than a piercer.

• It's belly button piercing, not rocket science. How hard could it be?

• I don't think it is that hard to pierce it, I guess just about anyone that is confident with a needle should be able to do it. So I guess why not?

• Exactly, but the healing process is... Ok, maybe I should give it a try!

Thank you!

What Girls Said 4

• Well a neursurgeon is most likely the cream of the crop in terms of the people who manage to become one out of all the medical students. Then again, he operates on brains all the time so I'm not sure how much experience he has with belly button piercing. Why not just go to a professional who does it all the time?

• I don't see how the two go hand in hand, a neurosurgeon doesn't deal with belly buttons on a daily basis.

• ARE YOU SERIOUS? Its a belly button piercing! Lets see, if he can cut open a brain, operate on it and then sew it up with a person still being alive...then yes, yes he can prick some fat with a needle.

• I'm sure it would be fine, but I'd probably just go to a professional.