Do most women wear thongs or bikinis with dresses?

I had a conversation with some female friends of mine and we got into a debate. Do women wear thongs or another type of underwear with dresses or skirts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well for me it depends how tight it is...if its a pencil skirt or a tighter fitting dress then I wear a thong so that the underwear lines don't show through. If I am wearing a loosefitting dress then I will wear normal underwear.

What Girls Said 12

• normal underwear. if the dress is particularly short I throw on a pair of volley ball shorts as well just in case of some clumsy dancing lol. last night I was adventurous and wore a garter belt and thigh highs with seams up the back.

• Depends on the fit of the dress/skirt for me, and how short it is.

• Well for skirts it depends but for dresses I normally wear thongs. A lot of the dresses I wear are tight and I don't want underwear lines to show.

• Depends on how tight fitting the skirt is. If it's a pencil skirt for example, then yes a thong because I don't want to have visible panty lines.

• hmmm personally, I don't wear thongs with skirts or dresses because I'm always worried that if their just happened to be a gust of wind... well let's just say I choose to wear underwear with a little more coverage, just in case. on the other hand, if I'm wearing a tighter, sexier dress (ie for clubbing) then ill choose to wear a thong

it really just depends on the style of the dress, the weather, and how visible a panty line would be if you werent to wear a thong

• I wear thongs when I wear a dress, skirt or leggings. The rest of the time I like wearing boyshirts.

• For underwear I just wear normal panties but I make sure to cover them with black spandex shorts because I don't want pervs looking at my underwear under my skirt or dress. I like to feel 100% secure by wearing the shorts as it is way more comfortable :)

• I wear like a spandex type shorts under dresses.

I'm modest and dresses are risky so in the case my dress gets blown up or someone decides to be a douche and pull up my dress or peep underneath, my modesty is still preserved. The shorts I have are seamless so there are no visible panty lines-no thong needed.

• Normal panties

• but don't the panties leave a pantie line that others can see?

• If the dress isn't too tight then no

• if its clingy, thongs. If not, regular panties

• i never wear thongs!

• Depends what kind of dress. If it's tight and clings to you then a thong for no panty line

if I'm at a party then a thong

If it's just an average day then normal panties in case the wind blows my skirt/dress up!

What Guys Said 1

• Every dress that I had the opportunity to look up they were wearing a thong