I got a pic with a guy at semi and he said"Boy I look good, You're just a prop to make me look even better"

Ive known him for a bit and asked him for a pic. he said sure then..."Boy I look good, Your just a prop to make me look even better"

I don't really understand what that means. Is he saying that I'm ugly and by being beside an ugly person will make him look better? I don't really think I'm that ugly though, but that really did make me feel disgusting/ugly.

thanks everyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• i think he meant it as a compliment, saying you're hot, kinda having a hot girl on your shoulder and all.

• See but then my friends were like that was such a insult. don't listen to him, you are gorgeous.

so I'm confused =(

• Maybe your friends just didn't interpret it the way he meant it

What Guys Said 2

• It was probably his idea of complimenting you/flirting, but the word "prop" wasn't the best choice in my opinion, because it allows the remark to be misinterpreted.

• a little insulting, but could have been a joke...how does he act the rest of the time?

• Well I didn't talk to him after that. like were not good friends just chat once in a while. I didn't see him the rest of the night.

• Yeah, at best, he makes inappropriate jokes. at worst, he's a jerk. I wouldn't waste time on him.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's because he use the word "prop", like you were a piece of furniture or something. But I took it to mean you elevated his status by being seen with him because you are gorgeous.

At least that's how I would have taken it.

• He was trying to tell you that he thought you were hot, but he was also boosting his ego by telling you that you were just another girl, or one of his hoes, and not someone with feelings. aka, a prop. He's definitely a jerk, but he probably gets a lot of girls for it. Try not to fall into that trap.

• Honestly, I wouldn't take it that seriously. it doesn't really matter, its what you think.