My mother says I embarrass her.

If I go out in public or anywhere with her, she would ask for me to put on make up.. I think, I look alright without it though but she told me I need to start wearing lipstick to make my lips look fuller because I have small and ugly lips according to her. More eye shadow to make my eyes pop out.

I have told her, I am somewhat allergic to make up so eyeliner and mascara will have to do. She won't listen. I even said to her that I'm her daughter and she has no reason to be embarrass and that it hurts me. What can I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• don't put the makeup on and let her know how you feel in a respectful way. if she is embarassed to go out with you then suggest that she doesn't until she can stop being so vain and immature. I know this is your mom and I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but she's bullying you and that's ridiculous. oh and if all else fails you could always move out on your own and let her know that its your life and your face and if she can't accept you the way you are without all the war paint then its her loss because you are a f***ing awesome daughter. good luck

What Guys Said 3

• I left home the minute I turned 18. I suggest you do the same.

• Tell her to cut the remarks and get over her issues. There her issues not yours, look how you want too look.

• If you're over 18, just put your foot down. Firmly and politely.

• Easier said than done.

• Why? What makes your situation so unique?

• I prefer not to go into details. Thanks for your input.

What Girls Said 3

• Its either you don't put makeup on even though she asks you to, or just listen to her and do what she wants. I don't see how there's any other solution to your problem here. You can face her and be like no mom I'm sorry I won't be putting any makeup on I like my face the way it is and I don't feel the need to apply any make up, or, tell her you will then don't? I don't know, you either take a stand or go with the flow.

• Punch her in the face.

Seriously, though. I would ignore her. Remember that half your looks come from her and she's probably worse looking than you could ever be because she's older and is going to be wrinkly like an old grape pretty soon if she isn't already and she's got an ugly heart which makes her ugly physically as well. =/

• I know how that feels my mom has told me that too. But I still don't wear make up because I don't have time for it. What is good is that you like how you are naturally, and stick to your health. As long as you are clean and healthy then you should be great.