Guy in a graphic tee vs same guy in a button down?

say that a guy walks in with a good pair of jeans and good shoes and everything and he's got a graphic tee on. what are your opinions on that?

now take the same guy same get-up but he's got a button down on. what do you feel about that? which look do you like better? does your impression of him change?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like button downs a lot more. I'd probably take the guy in a button down more serious if he approached me, hate to say it. There's nothing wrong with a graphic tee, but wearing one when you're first meeting a girl might not give off such a good first impression as the button down.

• does it symbolize wealth or success in a way?

• No, it just shows that he cares about how he looks when he approaches a female.

• ahh cool. I'm going to start buying nice button downs. the ones I have are a little cheap quality wise and overpriced. time for the real deal ;)

What Girls Said 5

• i like the button down better.. even if it was a button down over a tee it looks better than just a tee.. a tee is very ordinary and not really trying to look nice.. I like a guy to try to look nice at least when he goes out.. that might just be me but ya.. you can't go wrong with a button down ;)

• If it's a fun graphic tee, I can appreciate that...a button down is fine, it's just more boring to look at so I think I'll go with the graphic tee (as long as it's nothing like this link )

• haha at the link.

what is a fun graphic tee to you?

• meh -.-...to each their own, but for the record they made me smile (would your "cool" graphic tee do that?)

• thats a very good point! probably not...

• I personally like button downs but not all the time. I like guys wearing t-shirts, athletic shorts, graphic t-shirts (as long as they don't have inappropriate stuff on them), button down shirts, jeans, khaki pants, polo's, sweat shirts, vests, etc.

• Either one is fine for me. I don't usually judge guys on what they wear, just how they present themselves.

• but those are different looks meaning different ways of presenting himself... so which do you like better?

• button down. then I can slowly undo the buttons to reveal the gorgeousness underneath ;D

• this guy doesn't have washboard abs or anything though... ;) sorry to disappoint lol.

• you're just saying that to make me feel better? :S

• nope ! it's adorbs, get over it (:

What Guys Said 2

• They're both fine, but I recommend the button down/sportshirts. I just think sportshirts make for a more sophisticated and mature look.

I have some of these... link I recommend solid or striped, though I may sooner or later venture into plaid, of course depending on the shade. You can always wear a graphic tee under these too. I used to wear just white undershirts, but started moving into wearing t-shirts underneath. Not a bad look at all if you ask me.

• snap this looks nice! I was just at mens wearhouse and I decided I'm going to start shopping there for good shirts. the stores at the mall ain't cutting it anymore lol.

I only ask because a lot of girls go for slobs. it's almost like they don't like classy, sophisticated guys as much these days. at least girls my age. but then women like money so at the same time that look might be better. you can never know for sure with the ladies haha.

• 21

• Gotcha. At any rate, a lot of the questions like this that I've seen, the ladies tend to lean more towards the button up shirts. I have seen some with "graphic" designs on them, though.

• The giy in the button down is trying way to hard

• Lol why do you say that?