What socks should I wear with a black pinstripe suit?

What socks go with a black pin stripe suit? I know the obvious answer is solid black, but I want something that is a little less boring. Preferably I want something that works in the color red somehow since that is the color tie I am wearing.

How about these? link
what about these: link plain black with subtle red dashes
The second link is broken this is a repost: link

Most Helpful Girl

• not the ones in your photo...black socks, no questions about it. when it comes to suits, men's socks should match the primary color of the pant.

• Of course, I am thinking black with some sort of design. In your opinion would black socks with white polka dots work?

• plane black socks. NO pattern. there can a subtle texture to them, but nothing visible.

What Girls Said 3

• The ones in your picture works :)

• haha thanks, the ones in my picture are navy though. I am thinking black with some sort of design :)

• @ update Whee ** spins her chair in delight ** :D

• Thanks :).

• I know you want something flashier but still my answer is black socks. Unless you don't mind it being a bit of a joke, in which case just wear what you want.

• is there not a place in between joke and boring?

• Hey, curiously would your answer change if I were wearing plain black pants?

• for work purposes, I just think guys should go the traditional route and match their socks to their pants. So plain black pants = black socks. striped black pants = black socks. that sort of thing. But again, it's up to you. Good luck :)

• Black with neon pink hearts haha! :p but for real a dark color like navy blue, dark green, BLACK, ect. But they are socks no one will see them...

• not true, in suit pants socks are more visible than any other type of pants since the hem is higher. So when you sit down the pants ride up and socks are visible.

• Ok sorry...i don't wear suits.

What Guys Said 3

• You could possibly get away with polka dots; depending how much you'll be staning, not many people may even see your socks.

But the safe bet is solid color dark grey, or the boring black.

• A businessman matches his socks to his trousers, a gentleman matches his socks to his mood.

That said, matching your tie is a little too 'matchy matchy'.

I think a patterned black sock is fine. With a _pinstripe_ suit, it might be pretty busy though. Black is not the easiest suit color to work off of - no tonality. I'd probably stick with black and save your sock expressivness for a different suit/shoe combo.

• My only worry is it looks too fussy matching your socks to your tie. I've done things like that before, and I regret it now. hah. Complementary colors are better.

• Black socks with a red diamond pattern works well. I love the look of a pinstripe suit with a red tie. So classic.