Are there shampoo/products that help hair straighten?

I am currently growing my hair, and although at best it's "wavey" and not "curly", I was wondering if there is a way to straighten my hair a bit as I try not to use a straightner/hair iron all to much. sure if there is, you ladies would know :D

Most Helpful Girl

• As a licensed cosmotologist there is no shampoo to make your hair straight

You have to use hair products to get your hair straight by you still need to add heat to pull the curl out you can use a hair dryer instead of flat iron. You can also try using a leave in conditioner to add a little weight to the hair to pull the waves out a bit. But it is safe to use a flat iron or hair dryer on your hair every day as long as you use a heat protecton hair product on hair first. Paul Mitchell makes a mans line so does redkin I like Chi silk infusion for the flat iron I think it does have a more manly smell because its not fruity or flowery smell. Either way you can't get your hair straight unless you put some work to it until your hair grows out more because the longer hair gets the less wave/curl there is since there's more weight. Hair structure can only be broken temporary by heat and water and only a permanent change is by chemical. Which for you I think would be pointless to go the chemical route since you only have wavy hair. My personal opinion with out knowing what your hair texture is. I would blow dry your hair straight down the take a palmate like kenra texturizing taffy or redken rewind. And rub that through it will piece out some strands but also put weight on your hair to pull the waves out.the only problem with putting products in your hair is if you have fine hair texture then you have to wash your hair every day and that not healthy for hair and scalp since it washes away the natural oils.you may have to try several products out before you find what works for you if you buy the products from a salon you can return it if you don't like it. I would recommended to go to either beauty bar Regis master cuts or the salon in wal. Mart or Jc pennys salon to get the products on they can help you find what will work best for you and two they always have sales specially Jc pennys. And all those Stores do refunds or exchange.

What Girls Said 6

• Yup there are. But it won't completely straighten your hair. I can't tell you the exact names of it but look in the shampoo isle for products that have something to do with straight. I think one was called "stick straight." There's also tons of products. I'm not sure where the other answerers are shopping at because there definitely are shampoos/products to make your hair more sleek/straight.

• There's no way to permanently change it without using a chemical. But I've noticed from using the hair dryer and flat iron every time, eventually after a few months, my hair is permanently staying much straighter than how it was before.

• If I were you, I wouldn't try and put chemicals on my hair to straighten it. It will eventually straighten itself out when it grows longer. I have wavy/ curly hair and since I'm growing my hair my roots are getting straighter. So just let your hair grow longer, also I use coconut oil and towel dry my hair and just put it in a bun with no chemicals and no hair products. It works because my hair is healthy, so try just growing it out. Hope I helped :).

• there is a keratin treatment that you can buy cheaply from most discount chemists.

• Though there isn't any shampoo that will straighten your hair for you there are different kinds that you can tell make your hair healthier. I personally like Dove shampoo and they have it for men as well. Your hair will be soft and manageable

• Dove is on of the worse shampoos to you on your hair it leaves a wax build up that makes your hair feel soft but over time the wax eats at your hair same thing with pantine and white rain and all the cheaper shampoos.using salon products are much healthier on your hair plus you won't use as much when getting your hair to lather up you don't need more then a quarter size for long hair and nickel size for shoulder length and penny size amount for short hair and if hair don't lather it doesn't mean

• The shampoo is not working.when shampoo lathers it actually means the hair is clean. You should always was your hair twice but the first wash would be half of what should be used going by the last comment. The first wash is for oil and product build up and the second is to wash it away.

• 1. the Wrap (search on you tube )

2. coconut oil

3. hair net

What Guys Said 3

• There are several products out there that will get the job done, but be careful of using options other than the hair iron, as they often contain toxic levels of chemicals:

link

• I have fairly wavy hair, and it was quite frizzy when I let it grow as a teen. Later, I grew it long again and regularly used a leave-in conditioner that made a big difference. I don't remember what it was called.

• garnier sleep and shine anti frizz serum - the best in human history

• Did you try the Garnier Sleek and Shine Blow Dry Perfecter? Omg got my hair so straight