Navel piercing, need medical help?

I just got my navel pierced, can I take it out the day I got it pierced because I can't wait any longer, I hate it! If I can, what do I need to do to look after it?

Most Helpful Girl

• To take it out for good? Yes, you can take it out. make sure you still clean it though until it closes up because it's still a wound and the naval is really sensitive. Mine still hurts every so often and it's been about a year. It's only because it'll get snagged though.

What Guys Said 1

• You can take it out anytime.

Being that it's a fresh wound, you'll need to take steps to prevent infection, but that's all.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes but it won't feel "normal" until the hole closes up. It's going to be probably more sore than it is now since that area is very sensitive. So an open "wound" will just add onto the uncomfortable feeling. It won't hurt, it'll just feel like a hole in your tummy obviously. I highly suggest you keep it in until it heals. This would be a lot better for you and your risk of infection will be lowered. But you can take it out if you feel like you HAVE to 100%. Just keep it clean. Did the place you go to give you a spray? If not then just use salt water. DON'T use any cleaning stuff you find at the store. These aren't for punctured wounds. My friend used one on hers and the infection got worse. Don't touch the area either! Just genitally pour the salt water over it, making sure it goes through the holes. I usually washed it in the shower. Also wash it a lot! When you get any type of piercing, especially a naval one, they always tell you to wash it anytime you look at it. So if you're looking at it right now then wash it!