Going to get a tatt, any tattoo ideas?

im thinking nothing too crazy or big in size, just something creative and cool looking and also where you would put it

Most Helpful Guy

• first of all, get something YOU want, you will have it with you always, a suggestion from someone else will always be a suggestion from someone else permanently attached to YOUR body, not theirs. go to a licensed tattoo parlor and ask an artist there for an idea, I would suggest something that symbolizes you, who you are, what you most identify with (zodiac sign, bird, flower, etc.) don't get one in a place you can't hide easily with clothing, which also requires not getting one too big. also, I would suggest to keep it to a very simple design. give yourself the perspective of time to decide if you even like having a tattoo on your body. a small, simple, meaningful one in a discrete location that you still like a few years down the road is much easier on the psyche than a mural that starts on your forehead and runs down your neck and around your waist and down the street that scares the begeezuz out of anyone who catches eye of it. . considerably less pain. and $$$. and its much easier to embellish a simple design if you want more detail, than the other way around.

What Guys Said 7

• Don't get one unless your heart is set on it. IT being the art, not just joining the tattoo club. Many people I know regret getting something generic or trendy, but I absolutely love mine, one because it represents me, the other because I designed it myself.

• Cherry blossoms look very elegant and beautiful on women.

link

• Only get a tat if you absolutely want one, don't do it just to have a tat. And get something small and meaningful to you, a phrase or such. Personally the only reason I'd ever get one is if someone close to me died or something and it'd be their name somewhere discreet.

• Butterflies

in the hips or in the shoulders

• Get a dope symbol.

• Get a tat of mistletoe on the small of your back, so you can tell people to kiss your ass.

• Tats are permanent mullets. Imagine wearing Ed Hardy for the rest of your life. They're tacky and will forever brand you as part of the Idiocracy Herd.

• yes yes I completely get that but I wear clothes and accessories to express myself I think adding a symbol or even a meaningful Latin phrase tattooed would also be a nice way of expressing myself and my values to some point. not just as branding I mean you could just as easily say people "brand" themselves with the clothes they wear and there hair style honestly but thanks for that input :)

What Girls Said 3

• Why not get something meaningful to YOU rather than asking us what you should get. Kind of hate tattoos like that - be creative.. don't get something just because it's "cool" at the time, you'll regret it.

I wouldn't suggest a tramp stamp either but that's up to you.

• it may look sexy and all that...but I wouldn't do that because it's something that will be on your skin forever, you can't take that out.

you may say ''yeah, but I can always have a Laser Surgery and take it out''

no!

some colors may vanish but some does not (specially green and red) and your skin will never be how it was before even with Laser Surgery.

so, if you still wanna go for it, at least don't get it on your spine, specially lower on your back because if you need to get an epidural anesthesia the pigments will get to your spinal cord.

• I'm not getting a tattoo but I LOVE them

it's kind of cliche but I love chinese characters. I would get a chinese characters right below my neck

Tumblr has really gotten me into dream catcher tats. I would get like a small one on the thigh

I would definitely get a tattoo of a scratch mark and under it would be a galaxy print link

link (like that but a way smaller scratch mark... and a different design underneath)

link (this size but more realistic)

I also like the small stars going down the sides

My friend got a really cool one and it was a snake going in and out of her wrist.

You can get a zodiac sign or an animal you love . Panthers are really popular

You can get a wild animal foot print or claw mark.

You can write a small quote on your collar bone.

A Feather

Music notes

• 3rd link was suppose to be this : link