What do you think about this black dress?

So in about a month my grandparents will be married 50 years and they're throwing a big party, and I'm thinking of buying this dress.

link

It's kind of gothic like, though I'm not a goth myself, but I thought this dress was beautiful. I would just wear it like this with nothing else (except some black high heels). Do you think it is nice, or maybe to goth?

Thanks a lot!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you might inadvertently dishonor your grandparents with that dress. I suggest going with something pretty conservative. It can be a little sexy but nothing overt. Stiletto pumps dress up any dress and make you into a vision.

What Guys Said 4

• Damn- looks good! If you were in the wedding party or something, it might be a bit dark, but if not then go for it!

• dont think its appropriate for a 50th wedding anniversary party.

The focus is supposed to be on them and TO ME, wearing that would put the attention on you.

• Negative

• no! don't wear it. it shows a lack of respect. wear it to a Halloween party, but don't wear it to their party.

• Why a lack of respect, you're saying I can better go for a completely long dress with no showing of the legs?

• no, it's not about the legs. the gothic part makes it less classy. remember, it's not a costume party.

What Girls Said 4

• It's kinda a Halloween party type of dress. Definitely not to something for a 50 year anniversary. Maybe if it was even all the way around the bottom but still then it would be more of a cocktail dress. Good luck with your search!

• I don't like it, like someone else said it kind of looks like it would be part of a Halloween costume.

• It is lovely but perhaps a little too racy for your grandparent's wedding anniversary? I would suggest something a little more covered up (not nun-like but just less cleavage and thigh) for this particular occasion.

• I LOVE IT!