Is it possible to be skinny and fat at the same time?

I'm a skinny person in general meaning I have a small frame. When I have clothes on you can't tell that I have a lot of fat.

My friend for example, she's pretty overweight but she's solid.

Me on the other hand, I'm not overweight. I am however just above being underweight, My thighs are jiggly and my friend's thighs are huge but they don't jiggle at all.

Do you think my friend is healthier than me even though she's considered obese?

Most Helpful Guy

• The look you're referring to is what's refered to as a "skinny--fat." It's when someone is thin or of average build, but due to an almost complete lack of muscle tone, what meat they do have on their bones comes from fat. Among many it is considered a more unattractive body type than a girl who could stand to lose a few pounds.

• Does your friend lift weights by any chance?

• I'm thinking she doesn't but you never know

• Hmm OK. Because if she did that would explain why she was big but firm.

What Guys Said 3

• You can have very little muscle mass and very high fat which can give the illusion of skinny while you're still quite unhealthy.

• I wonder why I'm skinny fat instead of big fat.

• thats actually vefy cute if you have jiggly thighs. that just tells me you have muscle and some fat on your thighs and inner thighs. never be ashamed of having jiggly thighs! thats a very attractive thing

• Sounds like your you're skinny fat. We can't really say if she's healthier or not but being overweight doesn't always mean someones unhealthy

What Girls Said 4

• It is quite possible. You probably are not eating very healthy. Your friend has toned skin, while you do not. I suggest maybe cutting down on fat and doing a bit of cardio exercise.

• Actually I eat healthier than my friend based on what I've seen. I don't exercise much though...and neither does my friend, yet she's still nice a firm while I'm jello.

• Well, if this helps. I am slim but I have very toned skin, while I know this other girl who is also slim with the same eating habbits has me who has loose skin. I guess genetics play a major role in that. Cardio exercise will def. help tone your skin up.

• Healthy= well-rounded diet + healthy weight +exercising

Yes, that's called "skinny fat." A lot of skinny girls don't work out and as a result they lack tone.

I find it hard to believe she's obese yet "toned." Obese is like 100 lbs+ overweight. She might be thick or overweight, but not obese.

If she was obese she certainly wouldn't be healthy.

• I agree about the friend. A girl can be a little bit overweight but still be toned and healthy overall, but obese? no.

• Okay maybe she's not quite obese. She's very overweight. Nothing on her jiggles though. As hard to believe as it is.

• A lot of people who appear to be very skinny actually have a very high fat content ratio. A lot of it is visceral fat. It's so gross to think about...visceral fat

• I don't have much visceral fat but for some reason I have jiggly inner thigh fat.

• just start doing pilates or weight training a few days a week... something where you use your muscles and they'll tone up nicely that's all you need to do...you've got it easy ;P

• Do you think that will help me get thicker or will it make me skinnier?