I want to get a tattoo when I'm 18, and I don't know what to get that will represent me.

I've been through a lot, nothing traumatic, but things that have changed me.

I think I'd like a tattoo that signifies change or strength.

For example a phoenix. Or something like that. I'd like to get it on my shoulder (where my skin won't get too saggy and wrinkly when I'm old :P)

So what kind of other designs for tattoos do you think would be good?

What Guys Said 1

• Look up symbols of strength, and you can maybe create a few ideas from that, maybe a few other meanings with it, so rather than just being one symbol, it could have multiple ones but be one piece.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, this may sound cliche, I feel like the only person who can come up with this is you. I've gone through SO MANY tattoo ideas, even within the past couple of months. I can even remember when I thought I wanted a butterfly, but then I did a complete 180 and wanted a tiger instead. So, just do a little soul searching. Think of something in your life that is a constant, something that may have even been in your life since the day you were born, not just something that you're into at the moment. Hope this helps :)

• thanks for the advice :) but I mean this change isn't like a sudden one. since 8th grade I've moved around the world (i'm in 12th grade now) and I've lived in new jersey, shanghai and holland, now new york. I was also adopted, so I mean, I've gone through a lot of changes and starting over. actually, just explaining that makes me think that a phoenix is perfect for me ha ha :)

• Well then that gives you more of a reason to go for a Phoenix tattoo doesn't it? :D

Glad the advice helped. Good luck!