Girdles...Where did they go?

What ever happened to girdles? They used to be in every woman's closet until the 1970's.

0|0
10|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I have some in my closet lol. I think girls just either don't know what they are/how to wear one or they just don't see the point of it.

1|1
    1|0
    • Too bad they've fallen out of favor. They're certainly a part of Americana!

What Girls Said 9

• There still are some really sexy and flattering ones out there. Trust me, I don't where one because I have to, as I'm pretty petite, but I am a sucker for retro/vintage fashions and lingerie, so I do wear one on occasion with some full fashioned nylons , an old style bullet bra, to compliment a vintage outfit or dress, to achieve the look I'm after. The women and clothing were so pretty, back in the day. I wish I could have lived back then.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lazy mentality + Fat = Curvaciousness these days.

An equation that ultimately put girdle sells out of business...

0|0
    0|0
  • Fat girls still wear them. Don't get why an in shape girl would need too. That's just too uncomfortable when you already have a small waist anyway

0|0
    2|0
  • they're uncomfortable. but they do have spanx now,which is kind of the same thing. and some girls still wear corsets for sexy time-but rarely when going out.

0|0
    0|0
  • McDonalds came along.

I'm just kidding. I guess people wanted to change from the old lifestyle.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a couple that randomly went missing

0|0
    0|0
    • Probably taken by some girdle admirer. Oh, well.

• HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

0|0
    0|1
  • I have a spanx. Is that the same thing?

0|0
    0|0
  • some people still wear them. I want some, but they're so expensive (well the good ones)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• The ideal was a very hourglass figure a la Marilyn Monroe and the "hung up" 50's and 60's shunned "jiggle" of boobs and bottoms. This was the same time many children had their tonsils and adenoids removed with no medical cause and were fitted with "corrective" shoes. I had the last. My feet were 10.5 or 11 into my 20's. Later on I often went barefoot and wore loose shoes. They are now 12 wide. People in those days thought they could improve our genetic design.

I see the heinous breast implants and relatively harmless butt pads as modern equivalents.

0|0
    0|0
  • I KNOW RIGHT... people call me crazy when I tell them I wear one

1|0
    0|0