To wear make-up or not to wear make-up?

When I was in high school I first started wearing makeup. First it was foundation and my skin looked worse with it on , then it was eye liner and eye shadow. Later on, I skipped the foundation because my skin is pretty clear anyways and went for just the eye liner and eye shadow. Now, I have been deciding to not wear any makeup at all even when going out. Do you think this is a good or bad idea? What do you think happens when a girl does not wear any makeup? Who here goes natural and who doesn't?

• I think a girl should wear no makeup even when going out
  • I think a girl should wear makeup at least when going out
  • I think a girl should wear makeup all the time regardless if she's going out or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• i prefer the natural girl with the natural look. however if a girl has any pigmentation or acne issues that needs to be covered up..am sure a little makeup wouldn't kill anyone opinion :)

What Guys Said 7

• Personally, I like a little make-up on girls. I don't think you should feel obligated to wear it anywhere, but most guys like make-up, just not so much that it makes you look like a clown!

But I should also say, if I think a girl is attractive with make-up, generally I also think she's attractive without it.

• Good idea, the eye liner and shadow gives you the classic cfm look.

• Most guys are going to like (or respond to) mascara...eyeliner or eyeshadow all depends on the individual female...definitely do not want to get carried away with eyeliner..or even eyebrow pencil...it is the cheek crap that guys hate the most..and it sounds like you hav already wised up about that obnoxious sh*t...(:

• I'd prefer a girl show her real appearance than some dolled up crap. Meh at make-up. If they really like it then whatever, but I don't like when they put a lot on. And a lot to me seems to be "average" to most.

• Dont wear make up, that pencil thing you draw on your eye with scares the HELL outta me

• Natural beauty is great but a little makeup wouldn't hurt every once in a while

• natural..i think is best

What Girls Said 22

• i go natural because I've heard I don't need it.. but I like to wear it if I'm trying to dress up a bit.. plus I have glasses so it doesn't make a huge deal if I don't.. but when I DO put it on.. I use eyeliner, mascara, and some eye shadow (not crazy ton liek this ... link so I don't look crazy.. but tone it down to be more sophisticated :) oh I pressed B btw

• i just always wear mascara and a little hint of eyeliner on my lower lids, going out or not. I feel like I just look scary without mascra since my eyelashes are blond haha

• Who cares what other people do or think? It's your face and if you don't want makeup on it, then don't wear it. Most guys prefer the natural look to the painted-whore look anyway.

• At least wear it when you go out, it just looks plain when you see a girl with a cute outfit and everything's done but her face. Eye makeup or something!

• I think it's up to you - it's neither a good idea nor a bad idea. What do I think will happen if a girl doesn't wear makeup? ummm.. nothing lol. It's not like the anything bad will happen just because someone doesn't wear make up :)

Personally I wear a bit of foundation or just concealer if I'm lazy and some eyeliner and that's pretty much it. If I'm not lazy then I will wear blush sometimes and eyeshadow. But if I'm just running out to the store or to a friend's house then I go natural.

• Since last October I have stopped wearing makeup everyday, and only wear it when I go out. It feels good(not literally) not wearing it all the time.

• i don't wear any. mostly because my skin is always so dry and a bit flaky it just makes it worse. and its so expensive.

• There's face wash and lotions to help with the dry skin, if you're not already using them. Talk to a Clinique or other specialist about them. Letting your skin build up little flakes(or dead cells) on your face may cause early wrinkles and blemishes.

• i have tried everything I could find for dry skin,works good for maybe the first 2 tries then back to dry and flaky,

• Nope, its not a bad idea. If you like it and feel like you look better without it then don't use it. Its all about what makes YOU feel good about yourself.

• The idea is to look natural. In my opinion, use makeup to even out your skin, add some color to your cheeks and make your eyes look bigger and more awake. Use an eyeshadow slightly darker than your skintone, use lots of mascara to open your eyes up and make them look bigger, and apply eyeliner. And of course you should use lip gloss. Dry chapped lips are unattractive. Lipgloss will make them look moist and kissable without looking overdone.

• Do what you like! If you are confident enough to not need it, good for you! Not many women are in that boat, so be proud.

And me? I personally wear make up always when I go out and semi often put it on when I'm bumming round the house. If I've freshly washed my hair then I normally put some one. I wear foundation, eyeliner, sometimes eyeshadow, and mascara. I feel bare without it.

• I think it completely depends on the person and what they're comfortable with. If they feel more attractive with then they should wear. But if they feel attractive without, it's healthier for the skin and mind to not.

• Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself!

• It depends on the day. Sometimes I'll wear a little and other times I'll only wear mascara. I usually always wear mascara because I have small eye lashes. I think it's fine to not wear it. It's work putting it on and sometimes you just don't feel like it.

• I think a girl looks great with or without. Personally I prefer to at least have mascara on (My eyelashes are blond, but I have dark hair!)

But if you don't wear any, I won't judge you :)

• put makeup on your eyes and put some lipstick/lipgloss and add color to your cheeks by applying blush but try to avoid as much as you can wearing foundation and powder on your whole face, it will only make your skin appear worse when you're not wearing them, plus your skin needs to breathe too and applying these stuff on it will block the pores...

• i don't know about the "should" part. its your choice. if you look or feel great without makeup then go without it

• I think it's okay to wear makeup, but to look natural and like yourself. Makeup is suppose to enhance, their is nothing wrong with wearing makeup it's wearing to much makeup. The only make up I really ever wear is under eye concealer, and a colored chap stick ( ha if you consider it makeup).

Just saw this girl she was orange with makeup and fake eye lashes a I wanted to laugh but also felt pity on her, thinking you just don't know how ridiculous you look, she wasn't ugly either.

• At home I don't make up, It hurts my skin even thought how expensive my cosmetic and it is said to made of natural material. If I need to attend some important things, like party, I make up for professional look~

• I only wear make-up when I wear heels. So just clubs, parties and weddings mostly.

• "No make-up" make-up look. Best way to go because it looks natural, healthy, and pretty. :)

• Natural all the way for me ;) I have never really worn make up, only to special occasions like weddings and the like, where you need to dress in an elegant way, I have never had the necessity to wear make up, although some of my girl friends insist for me to wear (they wear tons) but I have always said no, I don't see the point really. OK maybe you look prettier and you can hide your flaws, I just prefer natural, I think natural beauty is the best, I mean it's OK if you wear as long as you don't put on tons of it, I personally don't like it when it looks too fake, so for me not wearing make up is a good idea also too much make up can harm your skin, and I don't think anything really happens when a girl doesn't wear make up lol, just do what makes you feel comfortable ;)

• even the prettiest girls look better with some makeup. just do something light and natural looking like maybe just some mascara and concealer if needed.