First tattoo!! Advice?

I'm getting my first tattoo soon and I'm really leaning into a rib tattoo but people have been telling me it hurts like crazy ! If anyone has a rib tattoo and would like to share their experience please feel free !

By the Way I want a bible verse nothing too big

Most Helpful Guy

• DO NOT TAKE ANY PAIN KILLERS, ALCOHOL OR WEED.

You will thin your blood and bleed out.

DO NOT TAKE BREAKS.

The more breaks you take the longer it'll take you overall. Just toughen up and get it over with. Honestly you're just getting words, so it won't be as bad as getting a full color picture tattoo. Try and breathe evenly.

Make sure you eat a good meal before going. You're most probably going to feel either extremely hot or extremely cold during the process. You will also feel really jittery afterward so you should eat to regain your strength.

If they give you that plastic wrap to cover it, take it off once you leave the shop. That's the worst crap to put on a healing tattoo.

Shower immediately once you get home, but do not under any circumstances soak the tattoo like in a bath or anything.

What Guys Said 2

• Please, please, don't get a tattoo they really are unattractive even if the intent is good.

• The "unattractive" thing is all opinion, plus I doubt she is getting it done to attract someone.

• I do understand that but it just is not something I like, I am giving my opinion as a guy.

• Leviticus 19:28 (Amplified) which says, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord."

Oh the irony.

What Girls Said 2

• I have a verse from my favorite poem on my ribs.

I have a bit of a high pain tolerance and it wasn't THAT bad. It did hurt quite a bit, but I didn't cry or anything. I figure I've been through worse emotional pain- and at least this has a pretty cool pay off.

Definitely eat beforehand, and try to mellow out- I had a chicken pesto crepe and peppermint tea.

Remember to breathe- people pass out when they forget to breathe!

Talk to your artist or bring a friend with you- it will take your mind off the pain.

I've been using aquaphor for the past couple days. You use that for about 5 days, then switch to unscented lotion for the remaining 2 weeks of the tatto.

• its a pitch hurt feeling it really isn't that bad. just make sure you eat something before you go. they tattoo a line or so then stop so its not like a constant pain. I have both my sides done and my feet hurt worse :) good luck