How to stop mascara from sticking?

Ahhhhhh I cannot believe I stopped using mascara for so long haha. Not as harsh as eyeliner and brings out my eyes a whole heap.

Neways. To the point. I tried it on my bottom lashes today. But when I blink, it kind of gets a little stuck to my top lid-line. It kind of gives my bottom lashes a feeling of it being tugged.

How do I stop this? Is there anything I can put on my lashes to prevent this? Any brands that don't stick? Thanks in advance. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• in addition to the advice already given, I would suggest not blinking and not putting on so many layers if you're running the mascara brush over your lashes more than once. Product tends to build up and increases chance of stickiness.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't be cheap

• Actually, I use department brand mascara and it still sticks.

• Doesn't mean she's cheap at all.. happens with even the "best" mascaras.

What Girls Said 4

• Get a new tube if the one you're using is old. And try not to blink before it dries, in my experience that tends to cause the sticking feeling.

• It's hard to say I use Covergirl Lashblast and haven't had a problem with this, maybe try a different brand then the one your currently using or try putting on less.

• The mascara you may be using is super, so look for mascaras with a drier formula to prevent them from sticking. That or maybe use less on the bottom so it takes less time to dry?

• your mascara could be old. and yes I agree mascara is great! I used to use only eyeliner but now I use thinner eyeliner in conjunction with mascara and it looks MUCH better..because without mascara your eyes feel bare with just liner unless you put on too much liner.

never had the sticky problem before. I think your mascara might just have aged. what kind is it?

i recommend maybelline the falsies (not the drama or flared, just the regular Falsies). it is amazing stuff. and waterproof mascara is probably more sticky than washable, in any brand. just buy a new tube from the drugstore.