Can you describe how you walk?

Most people walk in a unique way, but don't realize it. How do you walk? What's your posture like? Where do you look? Do you drag your feet?

I walk kind of strange. I always keep my left hand in my pocket, and since I use briefcases/computer bags most often, my right hand is straight down my right side holding it. I make very deliberate, bold steps, although about 1-2 years ago I dragged my feet a lot. I don't any more. I usually look straight ahead, or sometimes I stare at people when they walk past me. Also, I have a weird habit of sucking my teeth occasionally.

How do you walk?

Most Helpful Girl

• I walk fast. Not like I'm hurrying, I just take big steps. I don't really drag my feet, but I don't avoid it by much. I slouch sort of. Head down, eyes up, minimal arm movement. If I'm walking with someone, sometimes I accidentally drift to one side. I don't tolerate slow people in front of me, or people standing in the way. I'll go way out of my way to get around them if I have to, even though it's not really any faster in the long run. I just have to feel like I'm actively moving toward my destination rather than standing around waiting for people to move.

What Girls Said 16

• My walk is an excellent indication of my mood. Usually fast, sort of flowing-bouncy steps, "good" posture, and looking forward, though I do have a habit of checking over my shoulders often. I either look nervous or I glare, and I don't realize it until I'm at my destination. I tend to take slightly small steps.

If I'm angry, it's very fast, and I tend to bounce more with each step. If I'm in a better mood, my walk isn't so jolting and jumpy. I don't drag my feet. I was in Marching band for quite a while, and I'm still trying to break out of the habit of walking around like I've got to play an instrument, so the bounce in my step feels exaggerated to me.

If I'm with someone who I feel protective of, I look at everything and everyone for just a moment each. If not, I just watch what's around me and avoid eye contact with passersby.

In the colder months, I keep my hands in my pockets. Otherwise, my hands are out and about.

• I put my feel one in front of the other out of habit – when I was younger I read that wolves walk that way to keep their footprints from making larger trails, and it became a game. I also change up the rhythm of my feet from scuff-steps to heel-toe to a three-beat scuff-heel-toe beat depending on what I’m thinking about. I’m pretty straaaaange ^^

• I have excellent posture. I walk fast..but perfectly...although I trip on things alot...I sort of walk with my nose in the air..literally. I usually trip and fall because I carry a lot of stuff...if I don't carry a lot of things..I would walk like that..or when I am sad and I am listening to music as I am walking my head will be down...

I never drag my feet. My back is always striaght. And I have striaght legs and back...I don't hunch or have the curved and k leg look...while I am walking.

• According to my friends, I walk (waddle) like a penguin. I usually look straight ahead but I avoid eye contact :)

• It's a cute strut with a bit of a skip in it.

• I have good posture and take somewhat long strides (a consequence of long legs, I guess). I look ahead, unless there are people around then I tend to look at where I'm going. My friends told me I 'strut', because of the way my hips move or something. I personally disagree, but I guess I don't see myself walk all that much. I think I just walk normal.

• I drag my feet a lot. I slouch. I walk on my heels, which I have been told is not a good thing. If I'm feeling down, I'll look at the ground when I walk.

I should probably correct all of that! hahah

• hmm I look behind me occuasionally, I look down at me feet when I trip over something or trip over my own feet then start looking forward and sometimes at the ground and I watch people that go past me then look behind me, my arms are usually by my side and sometimes I put my hands in my pocket or my hoody depending on the weather and rarely I put my arms behind me I did it more when like 3 years ago.

• I tend to veer slightly towards whatever I'm looking at. And, I walk with my hips without much upper body movement.

• Either really slow, or I strut. I have really long legs, so it's truly amazing how slow I can be. If I'm alone I tend to watch people because I have nothing better to do. I like to have my hands in my pockets. Or loop my thumbs through my backpack straps and kinda wildly swing them hahah. Oh, I also have ridiculous hips, so I have a sassy walk kind of.. And I tend to kick myself a lot because of my intense lack of coordination.

• Like a baws. Point blank.

• one word SWAG

jk

• Fast, big steps. Sometimes I try to walk a little slower but I feel it's awkward

• Normally. I have the most normal walk imaginable

• Big steps and waaay too fast :/

• Heads up, boobs and but out. :D

What Guys Said 9

• I walk with a hand in a pocket and proper posture.I can of have a rhythm within my steps, I don't do it on purpose, just happens.

I never rush to anything , so I walk at a steady and relaxed pace.

• Swagger. Yeaaaaa booiiiiiii. Brap brap.

No, I'm kidding. I suppose I kind of walk with a slight sway to my upper torso because I'm fairly big-chested with large shoulders and its just a natural motion I adopt for balance.

• I keep both my hands in my pockets (with the thumbs outside though) when I'm wearing jeans (all the time)... I walk normally, I guess... I look directly in front of me, except when the terrain is odd (hills, beach, or snow)... I guess my arms are relaxed all the time, they kind of swing when my hands are out of my pockets... xD

• Like a man link

• My head's up, back is straight, I don't drag, and move my arms front to back. Or the same with my hands in my pockets.

• 0|0
  • i never notice how I'm walking

• NEVER look down. chin up, chest out. shoulders back. move with arrogance.

• Head bobbing shimmy.